Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:30 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times

Advertisements

I was at Alta ski mountain, begging for air while taking a break at lunch. Old guy asked if I had ever heard of CO-Q10.
"Heard of it? Sure I sell it actually. Never took it, though."
He suggested for my next trip out to Utah I start on it a couple of weeks before I head out to the mountains, which I did.
Personal anecdotes are pretty subjective, but after that it did seem easier to make the transition.
"It's good for your heart."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,476,198 times
I find that mornings are so much easier for me when doing any sort of cardio. We were in Dallas for a week recently, and I did some running there. I figured I'd be toast once I got back to Denver and tried doing the same. But surprisingly, I ran on the Highline Canal trail early one morning and my pace was only slightly slower. I didn't feel the breathing pains or cramping that I usually do after being away for awhile. It seems to me that when it is later in the day, and it is warmer, that I struggle so much more.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:55 AM

47 posts, read 35,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I was at Alta ski mountain, begging for air while taking a break at lunch. Old guy asked if I had ever heard of CO-Q10.
"Heard of it? Sure I sell it actually. Never took it, though."
He suggested for my next trip out to Utah I start on it a couple of weeks before I head out to the mountains, which I did.
Personal anecdotes are pretty subjective, but after that it did seem easier to make the transition.
"It's good for your heart."

That's very interesting! We know that CoQ10 helps our mitochondria produce energy and our hearts have a large concentration of CoQ10. It also reduces oxidative stress. Let me know if you find any research on this!

Old 09-25-2018, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,184 times
I have been here 6 years and have NEVER become acclimated to higher altitude. I have pressure in my head so bad ONLY when I am in Colorado. I began having tinnitus here. Its not good for some people. I am a very healthy person, at the perfect weight for my height. I am also a runner. I just came back from Florida on my 3k from Disney Cruise and I feel worse than I ever have coming back. It might be because of the time of year, but GOODNESS!!! Its not easy here. I literally am DYING to go back to Florida...lol My oxygen levels are at 99% by the way when I took a breathing test. I also experience black outs when I stand up and dizziness. That was the purpose of the oxygen test I had. It ONLY happens here in Denver Colorado (Highlands Ranch is my home location for locals). I did not experience anything like that in Florida and as a matter of fact, my tinnitus went away completely the 2nd day I was there. It was finally quiet.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanes71 View Post
I have been here 6 years and have NEVER become acclimated to higher altitude. I have pressure in my head so bad ONLY when I am in Colorado. I began having tinnitus here. Its not good for some people. I am a very healthy person, at the perfect weight for my height. I am also a runner. I just came back from Florida on my 3k from Disney Cruise and I feel worse than I ever have coming back. It might be because of the time of year, but GOODNESS!!! Its not easy here. I literally am DYING to go back to Florida...lol My oxygen levels are at 99% by the way when I took a breathing test. I also experience black outs when I stand up and dizziness. That was the purpose of the oxygen test I had. It ONLY happens here in Denver Colorado (Highlands Ranch is my home location for locals). I did not experience anything like that in Florida and as a matter of fact, my tinnitus went away completely the 2nd day I was there. It was finally quiet.
Bummer. I have never had an issue acclimating to the altitude here and I also living in Highlands Ranch. We are only at about 5,700 feet there.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:17 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,417,131 times
When we moved here from the east coast 4 years ago, I don't remember having much trouble adjusting, maybe a slight headache for a few days. Ten days ago we returned from 4 weeks in the DC area and I still feel like my breathing is off. Two days after returning, we went to a concert at Red Rocks and I didn't think I'd make it all the way up and wasn't about to take a bathroom break and have to walk up again. And today I had to stop my dance class 15 minutes early and sit down because I was pooped. I live at 6100 ft and would very much like to be back where I was before leaving. I'm a bit worried now about heading to Crested Butte tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanes71 View Post
I’ve been here two years and I feel those same exact symptoms. Just curious if you’re still living here or if you made the move back to sea level. Thinking of going back to California or maybe even Florida. Are you still having problems?

Old 01-24-2020, 06:20 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I go to the gym every morning and do 40 mins of cardio. I almost croaked everytime I went up my 3 flights of stairs to get to my apartment. I've lived here 6 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver