Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 04:51 AM

558 posts, read 338,825 times

Advertisements

Have a Marriott card and need to use my free room certificate before it runs out. Late January stay. Sheraton, Brown Palace, Meridian, Ritz, Westin. Anyone been in them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 08:13 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,033,055 times
Gaylord of the Rockies!

Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,573,180 times
Ritz or Brown Palace.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:17 AM

18 posts, read 27,432 times
Ritz Carlton Beaver Creek.

Oops. Miss-read as around Denver. Still say the Ritz.
Although I would drive to Beaver Creek for one night if I had a free night.

Last edited by Beanerdawg; 01-15-2019 at 08:26 AM..

Old 01-15-2019, 08:51 AM

558 posts, read 338,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
Gaylord of the Rockies!
Picked up someone at the airport last year. We were staring at this huge place in the middle of nowhere. What is that? That is for another trip.

Need to be in downtown, train westbound leaves at 8AM. The Marriott card is $95 a year, get a free room up to category 7. Who pays $500 out of their own pocket for a hotel room?

Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
I would stay at the Brown Palace, because of the history it has, and it would be a fun place to get to experience. I would guess that there isn't going to be a huge amount of difference in terms of which one is "best" but of course since I live here, I typically don't stay in hotels here so can't give a personal review of any of them.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:14 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,811,140 times
As a loyal SPG person, I had a huge issue when Marriott merged with Starwood. I've never had anything above average with Marriott. Sure they're clean but they have way too many (Mormon) rules and extremely generic.

I'll never forget the 4 times that swore me off that stupid brand: 1. being yelled at to wear shoes in the lobby at the Philadelphia hotel (and staying in the penthouse) after the hot tub was closed on NYE, 2. being blocked out for special room rates for my Sister's wedding in NY, and 3. Witnessing my friends Dad get chewed out by management after ordering hundreds of dollars of Domino's pizza after his daughters wedding "because it wasn't allowed!" even though the kitchen was closed and it was late and people needed to eat, 4. Being double charged for a room around LAX and when I called support got disconnected and the rep was using a "pencil and paper" to take notes down. Extremely dumba** hotel chain if you ask me.

Thankfully, Denver has nice hotels and are part of legacy Starwood. I've stayed at the Westin downtown multiple times and got comped drink vouchers upon check-in twice. They have an outdoor pool on the 6th floor with great views of the mountains. I would avoid the downtown Sheraton - I've stayed there enough times to know that the Yard House has horrible service and they don't have room service during the day outside breakfast and dinner hours (seriously, WTF?)

I've actually had way better experiences over the years with Hilton (despite being SPG elite) and find them to be cheaper than Starwood and have better amenities. Check out "The Curtis" hotel in Downtown Denver if you want to spice things up! The Hyatt Regency is gorgeous too and had amazing views of the mountains as well.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:53 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,397,550 times
I'd say the Brown, but I dig the history of the place and the legacy of luxury it has held for over a century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: