Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 07:09 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,018,151 times

Advertisements

As an outsider looking in, all I can think is that too much was spent on the light rail system, and WAY too little spent on the Denver metro freeway system. What a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 PM

556 posts, read 1,196,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
How does that fix the crumbling viaduct?
You could replace or reroute it without adding the extra lanes and save a ton of money. Also, if these viaducts require a 2 billion replacement every 50 years, I'm not sure it is such a good investment.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:51 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,464,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
You could replace or reroute it without adding the extra lanes and save a ton of money. Also, if these viaducts require a 2 billion replacement every 50 years, I'm not sure it is such a good investment.
You should read up on the project. They are getting rid of the viaducts. It would be insane to do a project without adding capacity. Talk about a waste of money.

Rerouting was proposed by a group looking to make a real estate play in the area. It’s a terrible idea.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:34 PM

8,595 posts, read 14,778,113 times
Honestly, given our current fiscal handcuffs, the most expedient decision would've been replacement and expansion of the viaduct, but that wasn't progressive enough and the reroute was a bridge too far.

Regardless, once they blow their wad burying the road, Kyle Zeppelin and his greedy land speculator buddies will still make out like bandits - especially after they pressure the city into telling Purina to take a hike.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:39 AM

824 posts, read 697,605 times
the dog food plant looks very old, maybe its marginal for Purina to stay there.
the area where the new over head park is being built has a super STRONG dog food odor. Just saying; Eeeeew

once upon a time rumor Purina was going to build (6) air scrubbers for the plant. Only (2) were built? Are they even being used or were they never built?

Denver is land locked so something has to give.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:06 PM

975 posts, read 1,318,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
the dog food plant looks very old, maybe its marginal for Purina to stay there.
the area where the new over head park is being built has a super STRONG dog food odor. Just saying; Eeeeew

once upon a time rumor Purina was going to build (6) air scrubbers for the plant. Only (2) were built? Are they even being used or were they never built?

Denver is land locked so something has to give.

They built the scrubbers and also poured a couple hundred million I believe into a facility expansion a few years ago. The I-70 redo was aligned north to avoid the plant and the Safeway Distribution facility due to those being a couple of the biggest economic engines in the area.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:22 PM

824 posts, read 697,605 times
sounds like the dog food plant is a keeper so why did they locate the park next to such a source of industrial pollution (odor). like the park is a throw away item.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:18 PM

975 posts, read 1,318,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
sounds like the dog food plant is a keeper so why did they locate the park next to such a source of industrial pollution (odor). like the park is a throw away item.
Umm, because that's the center of the neighborhood and it's right next to the school? Not too many other places to put this cap.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 PM

17,678 posts, read 29,607,847 times
Umm, because CDoT only cares about the technical complexity of the project (think résumé enhancement) and the park aspects are immaterial.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:30 AM

1,913 posts, read 2,260,477 times
this I-70 project is needed and while not the solution that will please every one at least it is progress .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_5_si8apM

this link shows a project in El paso , Tx which I have worked on and off when I am in El paso for the last 3 years it is a project that costs hundreds of millions. It is providing employment for a lot of people . It is controversial . Parts of it are right on the border with Mexico and dozens of feet in the air. I think it will be so cool to drive on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: