Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:25 AM

7,925 posts, read 12,629,680 times

Advertisements

I don't eat fast food anymore but when I am in town during lunch it is funny to see 20 cars lined up in the drive through line and maybe 10 cars parked in the lot. People don't seem to understand it would be faster to walk in and buy their "McFood".

What I don't like about fast food drive through's is that a lot of the slobs throw their trash out the window when they are finished eating. I see discarded fast food junk all over the roadways.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:31 AM

2,174 posts, read 4,268,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I never use drive-thrus... much faster to just walk in.
I never eat fast food.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:22 AM

922 posts, read 782,348 times
Just because a large portion of Denverites are athletic, outdoorsy types doesn't mean that they are patient and eco-friendly. Everyone is in such a hurry all the time to get somewhere or do something, and many believe that fast food actually means you get your food fast.

I lived there for most of my life, and while decades ago drive thru's might have been the quicker way to go decades ago, they sure are not now. Some of it is due to the sheer volume of customers, some because of picky folks with special orders, and some is due to the employees not speaking English.

When we moved to Kansas two years ago, one of the first things I noticed is that the pace of life is much more relaxed. Nobody is in a rush, and people are for the most part more considerate of those around them.

I don't believe that this hectic rush, hurry and push is specific to Denver. Any large city is getting this way. Progress and urban growth comes with a price.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:23 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,917,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I never eat fast food.
I eat Mcdonalds just like Warren Buffet

Old 11-23-2017, 09:01 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,614,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
Just because a large portion of Denverites are athletic, outdoorsy types doesn't mean that they are patient and eco-friendly. Everyone is in such a hurry all the time to get somewhere or do something, and many believe that fast food actually means you get your food fast.

I lived there for most of my life, and while decades ago drive thru's might have been the quicker way to go decades ago, they sure are not now. Some of it is due to the sheer volume of customers, some because of picky folks with special orders, and some is due to the employees not speaking English.

When we moved to Kansas two years ago, one of the first things I noticed is that the pace of life is much more relaxed. Nobody is in a rush, and people are for the most part more considerate of those around them.

I don't believe that this hectic rush, hurry and push is specific to Denver. Any large city is getting this way. Progress and urban growth comes with a price.

All true. When I moved to the Denver area in the late 80s, it was in a slump. Many people had left, but the remaining residents were pretty laidback and just kept plugging, including many who actively wanted to stay. I noticed a lot of people were from KS and NE back then.

Urban growth has a very high price in terms of stress.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:09 AM

26,134 posts, read 48,779,992 times
All of this stuff is the same everywhere ... it's not some sort of flaw in the people of Denver ... it's not the fault of the city ... it's not the fault of the west ... everyone's in a hurry everywhere ... no one wants to wait ... people use drive-thru lanes no matter what city or state ... dudes buy big trucks everywhere ... this thread really belongs on craigslist under 'rants' or some other bucket for venting ... but it doesn't belong here ... it's little more than trolling or flaming ... life's too short ... thread closed ...
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: