Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,200,670 times

Advertisements

Need recommendations for a reputable Denver anesthesiologist who will respect my wishes to not add unnecessary drug cocktails with the anesthesia med, propofol. Five years ago, I had a reaction to the drug cocktail administered during my 15 minute GYN surgical procedure. Propofol by itself never makes me feel different afterwards. Will give name of hospital when you respond to this message.

A bizarre moment, given that I'd had numerous simple sedations using propofol. My throat and mouth filled with a toxic-waste type of gas. Also, I was unsteady on my feet several days afterwards. I checked my medical record in order to get the name of the medication.

Should have trusted my gut instincts about this particular guy (the anesthesiologist) when we had a consult to discuss the surgical procedure beforehand. Forget name of the drug, but it's one that is used for brain tumors. There are a large number of patient comments online that verify it's a bad-bad-bad drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 01:36 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
You can't just pick a random anesthesiologist, it has to be someone who has privileges at the hospital you will be having your procedure at (not to mention covered by your insurance.)

Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Your post is a bit confusing, OP. If you are talking about an Anesthesiologist who is covering a certain surgical case or procedure in a hospital or outpatient center, they are usually selected based on scheduling availability, expertise working with a particular surgical specialty and/or surgeon preference. Patients generally don't have much say in their selection.

However, if you are talking about an Anesthesiologist who has their own clinic or practice dedicated to pain management or related care, then yes, you should be able to select them in advance along similar criteria as any other doctor.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 02-21-2018 at 02:13 PM..

Old 02-21-2018, 02:44 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
I use this office for my pain management.

https://coloradopaincare.com/

This is the second doctor I have seen for this and by far the better of the two.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:59 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You can't just pick a random anesthesiologist, it has to be someone who has privileges at the hospital you will be having your procedure at (not to mention covered by your insurance.)
Exactly.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:01 AM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,200,670 times
Thanks to everyone who answered. I was looking for non-pain management...just for a minor day surgery. Turns out, I don't need it as my test came back negative. My opthamologist has a number of anesthesiologists he uses depending on the surgical center location. I think he will be a good resource for any GYN surgeries I need since we've already talked about this same issue and he reco'd someone who will be open to doing what I need. Also, an attorney friend mentioned the 5 Wishes form that can be given to doctors. Sounds like the 5 Wishes can be done without an attorney, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: