Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:40 PM

686 posts, read 3,709,593 times

Advertisements

Hi, I wanted to put captions, i just don't have that much time unfortunately. I wish I did.

Daniel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 01:48 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,392,470 times
the clock tower in a couple of your pics, was at one point the tallest structure in Denver. Like the pics, Wish the Lakeside amusment park was in better condition. Glenn Miller used to play at the auditorium by the lake.

Great pics!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 PM

2,885 posts, read 7,108,905 times
Great pics.

I also like that we'll be able to link to them when we're trying to convince people that Denver isn't buried in snow 8 months of the year, that Denver is not in the mountains, but the mountains are close by, etc.

I've added them to the index of photo threads.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Thanks suzco.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,074,788 times
Great to meet you Daniel and glad I had the chance to show you the city and some of the foot hills. Wished I had more time but didn't anticipate grandma passing the day you flew in. I will need to show you some other areas when you come back, I am thinking Tech Center, Washington Park, the hills in West Denver for views of downtown, Hill Top, Aurora and Roxburough Park. If it is summer, then Trail Ridge road and Rocky Mountain National Park. Glad you like our city and now have your own perspective of all it has to offer.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,246,583 times
So what's next, Daniel, are you going to come up (from Tucson) to Phoenix for a tour here? Or is Denver where it's at?

Old 03-30-2008, 11:04 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Great to meet you Daniel and glad I had the chance to show you the city and some of the foot hills. Wished I had more time but didn't anticipate grandma passing the day you flew in. I will need to show you some other areas when you come back, I am thinking Tech Center, Washington Park, the hills in West Denver for views of downtown, Hill Top, Aurora and Roxburough Park. If it is summer, then Trail Ridge road and Rocky Mountain National Park. Glad you like our city and now have your own perspective of all it has to offer.
got to bring him down to Colorado Springs area, more so Manitu springs and Garden of the Gods.

most beautifull area in colorado if you ask me

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,074,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
got to bring him down to Colorado Springs area, more so Manitu springs and Garden of the Gods.

most beautifull area in colorado if you ask me
Yes, Love that area Noahma, so much down there, heck anything west of I-25 can be great to see in our state. East is basically the cities and the planes and have their own beauty. The history in Manitou Springs is incredible and finally made it into the Castle Mira Vista there. Though haunted, I am glad it is still erect and in use.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
So what's next, Daniel, are you going to come up (from Tucson) to Phoenix for a tour here? Or is Denver where it's at?

HI there, I can see. It would be good to get a view of Phoenix. Maybe this summer or somethin I can come up. I have to save money now No place is a definite answer right now, there are still a couple cities I would still like to check out as well, but Denver was VERY nice.

Daniel

Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 AM

Default My first trip to Denver, CO March 22-28, 2008 (PART 3) FINAL

Alright folks, here is the last installment for my photos from my recent trip up to Denver. These photos were taken on Tuesday March 25 and Wednesday March 26th. I did the Molly Brown House tour and then took a NICE walk through part of Capitol Hill and through more of LoDo.
I also stopped in Boulder. That's at the end of the thread.

That's basically about it. The weather the next two days was windy and cold so I didn't take anymore pics. Hope you enjoyed my photos of Denver. You all should visit if you haven't. It's awesome.

First stop, downtown view from Central Library

DenverAztec was telling me about the Window Washer incident that happened in Denver so I had to take this shot of what else, A window washer way up there at the Republic Plaza downtown.

Moving into Capitol Hill

Skyline shot from Broadway & 9th.

Cherry Creek view from Broadway & Speer

View of the City and County Building from the Capitol Steps

Photos of Boulder, CO with pics of my return to Denver on RTD Route B

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1206981847

And that's it. My GREAT trip to Denver. Hope you enjoyed all the pics. It's WAY better in person though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver