Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:14 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I had no idea, as I've never encountered one. I assumed they were illegal. Where are they located?
Logan Liquors right near me is drive through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 11:32 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Scooter Liquors at Colfax and Park is one. But they are all over. I shopped at Wallaby Liquors when I lived in Lowry. I never used the drive through but they do have a window. Very nice people, I always liked going in and asking for suggestions, because they have great recommendations.

There are more, but they don't promote themselves solely as drive through, they are generally full service stores with a drive through window for those who want.

And it's still all sealed bottles and cans, not mixed drinks like the place OP was talking about.
Exactly. Drive through liquor stores exist in numerous locations throughout CO. You get the same stuff that you can buy when walking into the store. Eskimo Hut sells mixed drinks made to order in custom flavors, sealed in a bag, and handed out at a drive through.

In either case and even when using a walk in store, the drive can tear into their beverages whenever they choose.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:22 AM

22 posts, read 17,132 times
I grew up in Chicago where there are zero drive thru liquor stores. I saw my first one when I went away to college in Ohio and thought it was pure genius. Pull in, they load the beer and ice in your trunk, and you are on your way. All things in life should work this well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver