Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:14 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniboi81 View Post
I thought... the people were "weird" as someone where I work put it.
It takes time to really see it.

The architecture of the new buildings is really amazing. I drive up from the Springs every couple weeks and it's a different planet. If you're into city living, I can't see anyone not liking Denver.

What I miss about MI is, of course, the water, woods, greenery and what I always experienced as a family feel between people. Also, in and around Detroit, there was always great food. It's hard to find decent food here. When you do, especially in Denver, it's relatively expensive.

The lack of humidity and mosquitos is great. The heat here gets severe, but being 100 degrees here is like 80 there but the sweat evaporates so fast, you never feel like you're sweating like you do there. I became bored with the mountains pretty quick. Probably after six months, I started to take them for granted.

I find the driving in CO terrifying. Traffic jams at their worst isn't as severe as Detroit's comparable jams, but people here drive crazy, if you ask me.

If you own a car, I suggest you check the price of registering it here. In the Springs, they do it according to the value of the car. Ours was over a $1000 to get plates. I don't know if it's a state or county thing.

All said and done, I think, given the choice to do it over, I'd of moved someplace else, but it's definitely not bad... especially if you're into city living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
The Michigan economy has really fallen the past 8 years or so. I imagine all of michigan is in an exodus
Yup. We run into people from MI all the time. I shut down my MI business because the gov was slowly turning paperwork into too big a hassle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,043 times
After living in the Denver area for 28 years and watching grow from "Cow Town" to a great city, I don't miss the traffic and the 3.5 million people in the metro.
It's true that it is a great city with entertainment venues throughout and outdoor activities available virtually everywhere. I believe in every month of every year I lived in Denver, I could have golfed at least one day. Weather is moderate and it is still affordable compared to many other cities its size. Good luck to those moving in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver