Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:52 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,296,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
You brute!
I'm not responding to him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 02:55 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
You brute!
You actually display good follow skills and a sense of humor. Do you need a job?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:24 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
You actually display good follow skills and a sense of humor. Do you need a job?
Job? [ sound of footsteps plodding quickly towards a hiding place.... ]
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:27 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,751,934 times
Yup. As I said elsewhere and was scolded for, I've applied for a lot of jobs in the last year. Perhaps ten have sent me a polite, nearly-personal rejection. Maybe 20 have sent something like a boilerplate "we found a better candidate" note. Some sent something like the latter, but weeks and weeks later, making it almost meaningless. The rest - 80% or more - neither acknowledged receipt of the application/resume nor ever followed up in any way.

None of these were cattle-call, boilerplate submissions. Well over half were tailored and had a specifically addressed cover letter.

It's just the norm these days.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:23 AM

82 posts, read 91,795 times
As someone who works/staffs a team of 40, I'd like to also chime in about the flip side.

I've had many people quit without putting in their notice properly. No formal resignation letter, no riding out the rest of their schedule... just basic job abandonment. I'm sure it's because I'm a horrible dude to work for, but it seems like it's becoming the norm in my field.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:41 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,751,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSailor4326 View Post
As someone who works/staffs a team of 40, I'd like to also chime in about the flip side.

I've had many people quit without putting in their notice properly. No formal resignation letter, no riding out the rest of their schedule... just basic job abandonment. I'm sure it's because I'm a horrible dude to work for, but it seems like it's becoming the norm in my field.
At a guess, those 40 are lower-level labor type jobs filled by under-25s. And yeah, there's a notion in that age bracket that jobs are "theirs" to do as they like with, including leaving by the side of the road. :P

Old 09-29-2018, 12:25 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,235 times
Quote:

Equally poor behavior (actually worse IMO)

Old 09-30-2018, 09:17 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:

We had a guy do that two weeks ago in a relatively high paying IT job. His group was moved from one department to another within IT Services and put under a new manager. He was working from home and emailed that day was his last day. He left everybody in his group hanging. The group is very team oriented. Completely unprofessional in my opinion.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:51 PM

172 posts, read 107,805 times
Quote:

Yet you will lay a person off with out a two week notice. How is that not any bit different than your gripe?

Old 09-30-2018, 04:54 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We had a guy do that two weeks ago in a relatively high paying IT job. His group was moved from one department to another within IT Services and put under a new manager. He was working from home and emailed that day was his last day. He left everybody in his group hanging. The group is very team oriented. Completely unprofessional in my opinion.
Come on now.

Companies lay people off and send them home that day all the time.

Not really any different.

This is the problem with employers.

They do all the things they don't want employees doing to them, but it is perfectly OK for the employer to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: