Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 08:02 PM

577 posts, read 1,476,130 times

Advertisements

The only reply from the city so far (dated Nov 29 2018):

"First of all my apologies for not be able to get back to you immediately. With the holiday and some other issues, I am still getting caught up on everything in my inbox. This is an issue that I will need to research prior to being able to give a response, as I do not have the entire tax code memorized. The City of Lafayette is not trying to cover up some illegal action. I attempt to handle emails, voicemails, and other issues in the order that I receive them, however there are some urgent matters that require my attention first. Unfortunately, I am one employee in charge of many areas. I promise to look into this matter as soon as possible and give you a proper response.

M. S.
Accountant
City of Lafayette | Finance Department
(303) 661-1246
www.cityoflafayette.com"

Let's give it more time. But I do have a gut feeling that there is some cover-up happening...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 09:34 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,764,629 times
You didn't accuse her of causing global warming, too?

Old 12-04-2018, 06:40 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times
That was Obama's fault.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:29 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,775,766 times
Can you ask her if trade wars are easy to win? I'm still waiting for the answer to that.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
You didn't accuse her of causing global warming, too?
I hoped to be able to stay focused on the subject at hand. Btw, I have yet to receive an answer.
But since you provoked me: No, I didn't accuse her of that, because I do not go to the Church of Global Warming :-)

Old 12-05-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
That was Obama's fault.
It would be more constructive for you to give us a hint on what your comcast bill looks like...
So, do you see sales tax charged? And if yes, does it seem applied only to the TV part of the service, if any?

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Can you ask her if trade wars are easy to win? I'm still waiting for the answer to that.
Hmmm, the answer is yes - with quantum computing and algorithmic trading systems with picoseconds latency...Which require great Internet connectivity, and one that is preferably not charged a sales tax for

Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
Hmmm, the answer is yes - with quantum computing and algorithmic trading systems with picoseconds latency...Which require great Internet connectivity, and one that is preferably not charged a sales tax for
but... it all depends on the rotation of the earth and the longitude / latitude of the trader..
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:33 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
It would be more constructive for you to give us a hint on what your comcast bill looks like...
So, do you see sales tax charged? And if yes, does it seem applied only to the TV part of the service, if any?

Thanks.
I have COmcast for phone/Internet and Directv for TV. I'll check the bill when I'm back home. I'm currently in SUmmit Co. skiing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
but... it all depends on the rotation of the earth and the longitude / latitude of the trader..
How can something that's flat rotate?

P.S. Do I sound like davebarnes now?

Old 12-06-2018, 04:11 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I have COmcast for phone/Internet and Directv for TV. I'll check the bill when I'm back home. I'm currently in SUmmit Co. skiing.

How can something that's flat rotate?

P.S. Do I sound like davebarnes now?
You've never seen a pizza crust being hand-made ?

Or the plate-spinners on The Ed Sullivan Show ?
(Showing my age now )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver