Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,046 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to relocate from Northern VA to The Littleton/Highlands Ranch area. We are looking based on schools for my 6 year old daughter in relation to new homes being built in Douglas County. The selection is slim in the area for our price range and one of the communities we like with great schools has a long wait list to have a town home built(Crescendo at Central Park). We like the Sterling Ranch neighborhood as well, but the schools appear to be not nearly as good according to Great Schools (which I take with a grain of salt).

Can someone tell me how tough it would be to get my daughter placed in another school in the area? I have read the open enrollment information on the school district website, but would like to hear from the feet on the ground. Dol the wait lists tend to be longon average? Any insight you can give into the Open Enrollment process, especially for a new resident would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 05:14 PM

11,815 posts, read 34,282,142 times
Sterling ranch is so new they don’t have schools of their own yet. The townhomes are very close to shopping, hospitals and places to eat.

I sent all three kids to highlands ranch schools. The school of choice program is over for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are due in January. As long as there is room in the school for that grade the daughter will be accepted. You will be responsible for all transportation.

Welcome to Colorado, I was raised in DC. You’ll miss the traffic and the ocean. Wear sunscreen year round and drink more water and you’ll adapt.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:30 AM

4 posts, read 2,692 times
Highlands Ranch is starting to age so a majority of the schools are under enrolled. My son will be in 1st grade next year and applied at the STEM academy right by Crescendo at Central Park. There is a waitlist but he was on it for a few days before we got a call.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:59 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,549,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHR View Post
Highlands Ranch is starting to age so a majority of the schools are under enrolled. My son will be in 1st grade next year and applied at the STEM academy right by Crescendo at Central Park. There is a waitlist but he was on it for a few days before we got a call.
That depends on what part of Highlands Ranch you live in. My daughter's elementary school is full with others wanting to get their children into it.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That depends on what part of Highlands Ranch you live in. My daughter's elementary school is full with others wanting to get their children into it.

I believe there a 2 or 3 that are over enrolled and Northridge Elementary is one of them.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:24 PM

https://www.dcsdk12.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=5755186
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver