Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 06:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Makes you wonder about the costs of all this (extra law enforcement, inconvenienced parents and employers, missed work or extra costs for daycare, etc.) And yet all of that could have been avoided by sharing info, and stopping the weapons purchase of one person.
What do you mean about sharing info? What info wasn't shared with who?

The only thing that would have avoided this incident is the purple.

Even before my district, Boulder Valley, closed for the day, parents on some of my facebook groups were saying they were going to keep their kids home today.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:18 PM

780 posts, read 425,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

Even before my district, Boulder Valley, closed for the day, parents on some of my facebook groups were saying they were going to keep their kids home today.
He might be referring to the allegations that the FBI had been investigating her for her troubling posts for some time, and this information was not disseminated to the proper agencies that may have picked it up on a background check.

This delves into the process a bit more:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/about-nics

What I gather is that if the FBI had shared this with the proper agencies in the system, it could have caused a delay in purchasing this weapon.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:19 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Quote:

The makings of this situation didn't materialize instantaneously, in only a few days, and out of thin air. Obviously - as we see over and over with these types of matters - there were signs and evidences of what's coming. We have no excuse for playing innocent and naive. We can drop the ruse and the con, thank you.

There is obviously not only a deficiency in cataloging and recording what needs to be maintained, but also no momentum to fix the situation. In addition to our bogus naivety, we add a dumbed-down and ineffectual stance with hands in the air in hopelessness. Like this is so difficult to address and improve upon. Give me a damn break.

After 9/11, government went into high gear to put a system in place to share information on terrorism. There was no difficulty in implementing it. But here, politics is in the way. We'll continue to suffer from the nonsensical mismatch as everyone looks the other way with heads buried in the sand.

The freedoms of the hate-filled, unstable, and borderline-guilty will continue to be more important than the safety and well-being of the rest of us, until we wake up and indicate "no more". They know they've got the advantange, and will run with it, Russian-roulette style. The position of the rest of us is to be one of cowering and submission until either after a crime is committed, or in the very last moments before the proverbial trigger is pulled. Nice.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-17-2019 at 06:35 PM..

Old 04-17-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Quotes A Lot View Post
He might be referring to the allegations that the FBI had been investigating her for her troubling posts for some time, and this information was not disseminated to the proper agencies that may have picked it up on a background check.

This delves into the process a bit more:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/about-nics

What I gather is that if the FBI had shared this with the proper agencies in the system, it could have caused a delay in purchasing this weapon.
Or not.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Or not.
Ok? What is the point you're trying to make? That the sharing of information across agencies is not useful? Or...

I answered your question "with who?" What else is there to say?

Old 04-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Quotes A Lot View Post
Ok? What is the point you're trying to make? That the sharing of information across agencies is not useful? Or...
What is the evidence that information wasn't shared? Or... (You have no idea how much these ellipses that are supposed to indicate such profundity bug me. It's like fingernails on the chalkboard.)

And "if, if, if dries me even battier.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:32 PM

We either aid the unstable and the hostile, or we help society at large. We can all see where the priority and focus is now. Apparently we are fine and comfortable with that...

Everyone get ready to put on your mask of surprise and shock the next time something like this happens. It's part of the game, right?

Like the saying goes, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. America right now loves dysfunction and drama, not solutions. And politics counts much more than law and order, and public safety and well-being.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
What is the evidence that information wasn't shared? Or... (You have no idea how much these ellipses that are supposed to indicate such profundity bug me. It's like fingernails on the chalkboard.)

And "if, if, if dries me even battier.
I think people are coming to that conclusion through inductive reasoning. The FBI had been investigating her for some time, yet she was able to fly in yesterday and buy a shotgun same day, no delays. One would think that if the person was being investigated, that something would have flagged on the background check to delay the process until it could be investigated further.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:38 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,058,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We either aid the unstable and the hostile, or we help society at large. We can all see where the priority and focus is now. Apparently we are fine and comfortable with that...

Like the saying goes, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. This ain't "rocket science" folks...
Yes it is rocket science. The brain is complex. Do you want qualified people addressing this or someone with a 2 year degree?

This is not an either/or situation. You help the public by making sure the mentally ill get treatment.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Yes it is rocket science. The brain is complex...
Nice try, but this isn't about understanding the brain, or understanding any individual's thinking. Nice diversion tactic there.

If someone has shown evidence of instability and danger/hazard, there's already evidence there. We already have indications that should set our awareness and communication in action. Again, there is a system in place that takes over with terrorists, and there's no reason (other than politics getting in the way) to have the same approach with this other menace to society.

There are many things that we don't and won't understand, but that can't stop us in our tracks. This hopeless and ineffectual stance will get us nowhere. We've tried the mouths shut and sitting on our hands approach, and it has utterly failed us. And we never come to our senses, never learn anything, and never do anything different after these episodes.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-17-2019 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver