Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 PM

431 posts, read 982,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4ric View Post
townhouse but thinking about moving out of state lol
I'm in a townhouse too. Why are you thinking about moving? And to where? You can PM me if you'd like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 PM

81 posts, read 474,963 times
Told by our realtor (who is a friend) that Reunion has no prebuilt homes for sale now. Looks like things are looking up...quite up 'round here now.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,489 times
Default Reunion, CO

Does anyone have any insight on what the main reason/s why the growth in the Reunion has been so stagnant? Finally, after 10+ years we have a KS, but at this rate we might have a sit down restaurant by the time I retire. I like the area but the lack of options and signs of growth are becoming frustrating! It seems like we pissed in somebody's corn flakes somewhere along the way.....

Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Well, the economy has been bad, and housing starts have been down. I was never excited about Reunion, because:

1) It's in Commerce City (very negative connotations for anyone who grew up in Denver). That fact that they use the Reunion label almost makes it seem like Shea Homes was trying to hide something -- which they were (the fact that it is in Commerce City).

2) It is not near anything except DIA. and the Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWR, which is still one of the most contaminated places on earth. No one who is from Denver will forget that nerve gas and pesticides were manufactured there.

3) It is not really accessible except by E-470, a very expensive toll road.

What's not to love?

Old 11-18-2012, 04:20 PM

I can understand the stigma associated with the area but isnt that the Commerce City of old? I mean there has been a lot of building up here, granted its just been housing but atleast they are nice and well priced. The problem is that even though the houses are nice the drawback is that there is no convenience with regard to shops/restaurants. It just seems like there is something else that isnt out in the open that's delaying our access to amenities. Is there bias within Commerce City with regard to the failed attempt to become Reunion, CO? How do the people who live here get our town center, our version of Southlands??? Why is GVR, which still holds a bad rep getting more development than we are? I don't expect answers to these questions, but just venting

Old 11-19-2012, 12:12 AM

We've been in Reunion (Chambers and 96th) for a few months now and hate the area. It just takes so damn long to even get to the highway to drive another 10 miles to get anywhere. Plus, all that driving to the highway is on roads that were paved by drunk monkeys. There is no southbound onramp for Pena from Tower so you have to drive all the way down to 56th to hop on a highway. No way I'm going o drive way out of my way and pay a pile of money to go 2 exits on 470 either. Stupid stupid. If you're driving west to 76 you'll probably get stopped by the train or get stuck behind a fleet of garbage trucks anyways after you drive 8 miles in nowhere's land at only 45mph. It makes the drive seem like it lasts forever at that low speed.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Your government made a deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by superorb View Post
There is no southbound onramp for Pena from Tower
Because your government made a deal with E470. That southbound exit cannot happen for another few decades so as to "encourage" drivers onto E470.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Because your government made a deal with E470. That southbound exit cannot happen for another few decades so as to "encourage" drivers onto E470.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Do they really expect people to drive several miles north and then east and pay $2.50 to go ONE friggin exit? Ridiculous!

Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM

6,776 posts, read 9,332,326 times
I actually like the Spaces homes in Reunion -- but ultimately bought a smaller house in Denver, basically because of the reasons you state; Reunion is too far away from my job and things I like to do.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM

I thought the issue of westbound on ramp was already hashed out between Commerce City and E-470?? I remember reading about some deal they agreed upon when the built the cash highway that stated if the City didn't fund the project by Jan 2012, then E-470 would build it...Either way nothing has changed there but I remember reading about it!

So, isn't there some avenue we can pursue to attract more businesses here? I really don't like the idea of moving but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver