Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 09:00 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
One day, that wasn't even humid and you are complaining? Maybe you should look into moving now, as we get a little of everything in Colorado, including a humid day every once in a while. Which I think feels good after the 90 degree days.
He/she should move becuae he/she complained about not enjoying humidity for a day? This thread is for people who want to complain about the nasty weather. Maybe You should leave this thread...if it upsets you. Just a thought.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
He/she should move becuae he/she complained about not enjoying humidity for a day? This thread is for people who want to complain about the nasty weather. Maybe You should leave this thread...if it upsets you. Just a thought.
Yeah! LOL Don't you know that this thread is reserved for PHOENIX RESIDENTS ONLY!!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Please send me pictures of those eggs cooking on the sidewalk

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/hifi_homeboy/eggfriedonsidewalk.jpg (broken link)
I tried it, they did not fry. Man I really thought it would......will try again at 115 degrees. Still feels better than 95 in Austin. Heres one for you. Put a wrinkled t-shirt out side on a hanger on your door knobe, see if it will dewrinkle there in Texas.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
Yeah! LOL Don't you know that this thread is reserved for PHOENIX RESIDENTS ONLY!!
well...I think Im the only one here that lives in phoenix at the present time. That would make me a Celebrity

Old 06-18-2008, 11:19 AM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
Went water skiing on Canyon Lake yesterday. You know those of us who do that and love it really feel pity for you people who don't understand how perfect Phx is year round.

But if you would not move here it would sure help out our traffic problems

Old 06-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Went water skiing on Canyon Lake yesterday. You know those of us who do that and love it really feel pity for you people who don't understand how perfect Phx is year round.

But if you would not move here it would sure help out our traffic problems
Love Canyon Lake, as well as Suguaro Lake. Weather is perfect for boating. I agree though, the weather in Denver is too hot for those of Denver. You all would not like it here at all. Its 112 year round, stay home in the PERFECT coloardo weather. Isnt it sunny every day in Colorado, with an average temp of 72 even when its snowing?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:37 PM

353 posts, read 1,706,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
One day, that wasn't even humid and you are complaining? Maybe you should look into moving now, as we get a little of everything in Colorado, including a humid day every once in a while. Which I think feels good after the 90 degree days.
Perhaps you should read the context of what I said. It was complete sarcasm. Why don't you move out of Colorado? We don't need any more overly defensive people as we have plenty already!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
nelumbo wrote:
You can keep that low humidity in GJ - high temperatures with super-arid conditions give me an instant sore throat and soon-to-follow major sinus problems and congestion that can linger for weeks. No thanks!
Sorry to hear that you are adversely affected by dry conditions.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I tried it, they did not fry. Man I really thought it would......will try again at 115 degrees. Still feels better than 95 in Austin. Heres one for you. Put a wrinkled t-shirt out side on a hanger on your door knobe, see if it will dewrinkle there in Texas.

I ride heavily in Mountain Biking and I carry 100oz camelbak every time. When I drain it, it will be dry within 24hrs. As humid as it seems, its not like everything stays wet.

Even my t-shirts after a sweat day working on the yard, or the wet towels that my kids roll up in a bun and leave them out on the outdoor patio / lawn chairs. They honestly dry up very quick and are not wrinkled. My wife will sometimes hang our clothes out on the homemade close liner out in the back and I never see any of my t-shirts, shorts or pants wrinkles from the hanger.

De-wrinkle.... hummm

Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
I ride heavily in Mountain Biking and I carry 100oz camelbak every time. When I drain it, it will be dry within 24hrs. As humid as it seems, its not like everything stays wet.

Even my t-shirts after a sweat day working on the yard, or the wet towels that my kids roll up in a bun and leave them out on the outdoor patio / lawn chairs. They honestly dry up very quick and are not wrinkled. My wife will sometimes hang our clothes out on the homemade close liner out in the back and I never see any of my t-shirts, shorts or pants wrinkles from the hanger.

De-wrinkle.... hummm
When I was in college, I could not afford an iron, so I would hang my close up in the bathroom when I would take a shower, the steam takes out the wrinkles...Im sure Austin is like that bathroom, but just on a bigger scale.

Now Colordado, your unique because you can hang something wet on a line, in just about any weather, and it will dry up fast because of the dry air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver