Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
What's gotten into you, man? I thought Arizona was supposed to be superior to Colorado in every way? You sure sound like one mixed up bag of beans... first it's Oregon, then it's California, then it's Texas, then it's Colorado, then it's Arizona, next it's _______? Next you'll probably move again and then trash the Phoenix forum. Meanwhile, I haven't posted a single time there since I've moved out. I know Phoenix has a horrible climate pretty much every single day from May-October, but you don't see me hanging around their forum reminding those folks about that. You know no place is perfect, right? Finding your place is more about identifying the negatives you're most willing to put up with rather than the "ideal" climate. The way I see it, Denver has a bunch of crappy days in every season of the year, but it also has a bunch of nice days (although for the zonies, even nice cool weather where you might want to wear a jacket is miserably cold for them) in every season-- including in the dead of winter, and including in the middle of summer. Phoenix, on the other hand, you can reliably throw your life in the garbage can for half the year, and live it up for most of the other half (barring occasional winter rain storms). I'd rather have each day be a little bit different than have to live in an air conditioned cave for half the year, but that's just me...
I knew I would hear from you....white flag white flag. If Only I had an RV that I could travel to all the places when the weather pleased me. I guess Im Meloncholy for Fall. Im sure once November hits, Ill be fine again. Where do you live again?????

Old 09-03-2008, 11:24 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,308,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I knew I would hear from you....white flag white flag. If Only I had an RV that I could travel to all the places when the weather pleased me. I guess Im Meloncholy for Fall. Im sure once November hits, Ill be fine again. Where do you live again?????
Denver still is and always has been my permanent home. I'm just in LA temporarily for this school year. What part of "college student" do you not understand??? The point is, you were on this forum for months and months trashing our city and complaining, well after you already moved out, singing the praises of how wonderful Phoenix is... and now you're already tired of the heat and you want us to feel sorry for you? I think you really have to live in Phoenix (or any place, for that matter) for at least three years before you can really know if it's for you; the first year when everything seems fresh and new, the heat feels exotic and intoxicating. The second year you may or may not already get tired of it. By the end of the third round, you should know if it's a place you see yourself living your whole life-- or at least a big chunk of it. Funny though, when you were on here telling us how much the weather in Denver sucks for months on end, I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later. I didn't think this soon though.

I'll forgive you though... just don't be so fast next time to trash your former residence on their local forum.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Denver still is and always has been my permanent home. I'm just in LA temporarily for this school year. What part of "college student" do you not understand??? The point is, you were on this forum for months and months trashing our city and complaining, well after you already moved out, singing the praises of how wonderful Phoenix is... and now you're already tired of the heat and you want us to feel sorry for you? I think you really have to live in Phoenix (or any place, for that matter) for at least three years before you can really know if it's for you; the first year when everything seems fresh and new, the heat feels exotic and intoxicating. The second year you may or may not already get tired of it. By the end of the third round, you should know if it's a place you see yourself living your whole life-- or at least a big chunk of it. Funny though, when you were on here telling us how much the weather in Denver sucks for months on end, I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later. I didn't think this soon though.

I'll forgive you though... just don't be so fast next time to trash your former residence on their local forum.
Don't get me wrong, I still love Arizona. I just miss the fall. Im sure that the 5-7 months of Great weather will make up for it. I still hate weather less than 25 degrees = to 110 plus weather. I still have Flagstaff, Sedona to travel to to see fall. In Denver, there really wasnt any escape (except phoenix), from the 5 months of cold.

I just wanted to express that it wasnt ALL bad in colorado, especially in the fall. I lived in Loveland, which meant I had to travel to Denver to work. The winter cold, ice and snow, as well as the MOST horrible drivers in the USA on i25 gave me a very bad perspective. I wonder if it would have been different had I moved to lets say Arvada, or Westminster. Desert scenery is only second to PNW scenery. The planes were ulgly to me. The 250 days of sunshine was the big attraction. I am a HUGE Bronco fan, and Love the Rockies (and I am waiting for them to sneak up and bite the Diamond backs on the "backs"). So Denver had a few attractions for me. I still hate Texas with all my god given will to live.

Thank you for forgiving me though, confession is good for the soul

Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I am a HUGE Bronco fan, and Love the Rockies (and I am waiting for them to sneak up and bite the Diamond backs on the "backs"). So Denver had a few attractions for me. I still hate Texas with all my god given will to live.
Ok, we can be friends again!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:27 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
I was just sitting in my back yard playing with the dog, thinking, "why is it that once the calendar turns to September it just feels like fall?". It's so wonderful today. Low 70's, sunny, a breeze that you can hear in the trees, the sun is lower in the sky. Chilly this morning....

Fall is my favorite time of year, and it is starting to have that feel.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
In Denver, there really wasnt any escape (except phoenix), from the 5 months of cold.
My turn to complain now

I hate it when it's not cold. It seems like half the year I'm loving the cold and the other half I'm waiting for the cold.

Where can I go where it's cold all the time? It's not cold/snowy enough here. We're can I go to escape this crappy weather?

Okay, I'm done now, but there is a part of me that feels this way.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
My turn to complain now

I hate it when it's not cold. It seems like half the year I'm loving the cold and the other half I'm waiting for the cold.

Where can I go where it's cold all the time? It's not cold/snowy enough here. We're can I go to escape this crappy weather?

Somewhere in the mountains... Leadville perhaps.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
My turn to complain now

lol, if that was sarcasm, it was funny. If its real, then I wish I had your problems. YOur in Colorado, and you need it to be cold. Seems like your going to be a happy camper real soon.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
lol, if that was sarcasm, it was funny. If its real, then I wish I had your problems. YOur in Colorado, and you need it to be cold. Seems like your going to be a happy camper real soon.
Vegas, Leadville's weather sounds great, but I like the living I make here in Denver, so I think I'll just deal down here for now.

Sberdrow, that was real, with a sarcastic tint. I really do love the cold. That's what happens when you grow up without a winter time (So. Calif), yet you have snowy peaks laughing at you in the face saying haha you can't play in me because your mom won't take you because she works all the time. Winter found a way to evade me in childhood, I'm not about to let that happen in adulthood.

So yes, I will be a happy camper very soon!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
David, you could try Alaska. A friend of mine lived there, and liked it, except for the long winter nights. She liked Colorado better, though. She moved back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver