Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 04:38 PM

131 posts, read 295,297 times

Advertisements

Can you all recommend a good Hilton hotel in the city to stay in while I house hunt? I see them all on the honors website, I just wanted to pick the right one since I'm bringing my GF and I'd like her to have a favorable impression of the city (I have picked questionable hotels by accident before, lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
From my travel experiences ... any Hilton is good. Pick one near to where you'll be looking.

My definition of roughing it is any place that lacks room service. A bar on-site is essential.

Wife loved watching Hotel Impossible on TV; all of these loser places were mom and pop operations, sometimes run by foreigners who just stood there with a straight face and lied to the expert who'd been in the business for years. I've had my own bad stays in mom/pop operations and I'll never stay in anything less than a Hilton property and if there's no Hilton then I'll skip the trip unless there's something as good or better around. Life's too short ....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
From my travel experiences ... any Hilton is good. Pick one near to where you'll be looking.

My definition of roughing it is any place that lacks room service. A bar on-site is essential.

Wife loved watching Hotel Impossible on TV; all of these loser places were mom and pop operations, sometimes run by foreigners who just stood there with a straight face and lied to the expert who'd been in the business for years. I've had my own bad stays in mom/pop operations and I'll never stay in anything less than a Hilton property and if there's no Hilton then I'll skip the trip unless there's something as good or better around. Life's too short ....
Nice, the Hilton right DT looks really good. I may be able to score a mountain view. Ill go with that.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:01 PM

Question on parking. I dont see many places around the edge of the city (highlands, Berkely..etc)with more than a 1 car garage. What do you all do if you have more than 1 car?

Old 07-12-2020, 08:43 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,808,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
Question on parking. I dont see many places around the edge of the city (highlands, Berkely..etc)with more than a 1 car garage. What do you all do if you have more than 1 car?
All the new builds have 2 car garages.
Entry price point is $800K.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:24 AM

3,126 posts, read 5,050,140 times
You definitely want to pay for the second garage with 2 cars. Hail damage will cause you constant problems if you park outside.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
All the new builds have 2 car garages.
Entry price point is $800K.
Ah thats the problem. My range is 550K.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:56 AM

824 posts, read 704,960 times
Quote:
-make sure your land boat suv will fit in the older style garage. If it is off an alley way, either a 1 or 2 car garage, make sure you can easly drive into the garage. Even on trash day.

-if you lust for a 2 car garage situation, given a 1 car reality, think in terms of building a lean to. Make it decorative a multi use area. Having the peeps by for barbaque just temporarly park one car at the curb.

Having a 2 car garage and or a lean to situation think in terms of security. It seems there is an eb and flow of crime in denver neighborhoods. 4example 2 years ago there was significant petty crime where I live. Last few years there has been much less. Lock your stuff up as much as you can.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:29 AM

2,474 posts, read 2,695,452 times
Quote:
When we lived in the city, we had a tiny one car garage. We carved out a space opposite the existing garage and added an enclosed space for a second car. We tied the two together with a pergola and ended up with spaces for two cars and a nice patio in between at the back of the yard. Cost about $20,000. Think creatively.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:49 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,330 times
Quote:
Aside from Cap Hill, most neighborhoods have plenty of on-street parking. In the neighborhoods you're looking at, you'll often see Audis and Range Rovers parked on the street full time. You just kinda deal with the realities of having a car outside all the time. Putting a cover on your car when there's winter weather can save a lot of time scraping ice the next morning. I once threw ratty blankets on my hood and roof when a hailstorm was approaching. Most streets also have one day a month during the warm half of the year where you're supposed to move your car for street sweeping lest you get a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver