Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:17 PM

719 posts, read 2,617,326 times

Advertisements

They clearly run the highest quality operation at DIA. We've never had a problem with Frontier in the many years we've flown with them. They've got lotsa dough in reserve right now, and should emerge a stronger company.
What I found dispicable was the manner in which the local media fawned over, and basically dropped the soap for Southwest when they came to town.
Go Frontier! Give 'em another bloody nose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 03:42 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
I would say one of the main reasons they did this was to shed their contract with Republic Airlines. The Republic EMB170 is a thirsty plane compared to the Frontier Airbuses. Seeing how the airbus can at least carry cargo. And Frontier's new Q400 operation that is finally flying is very fuel efficient.

I think they will be just fine and come out of this. However, the two friends that I have that fly for Republic...its gonna take some time for their screwing to work out.

Airlines...shesh.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM

82 posts, read 486,284 times
Great takes everyone. It does sound like Frontier will make it through. I look forward to flying with them.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,362,313 times
Fuel costs will kill the airline industry. They will continue to merge, become more unprofitable, and wither on the vine. Makes you think about how much money they will throw at maintaining their fleets in dire times. If I never fly again I won't be too sad.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:58 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
Absolutely no way airplanes will stop flying ANYTIME soon. People need to fly, businesses need to do business. And above all else. Cargo needs to fly.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 PM

136 posts, read 460,691 times
I just flew Frontier today and it was great as usual. The quality of service on the so called "budget carriers" is far above and beyond anything I've expirienced on larger carriers like United or American. The only airline I like better than Frontier is Airtran, , (but mostly for the free satellite radio)

Old 04-29-2008, 07:57 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
I've heard nothing but great things about Frontier. I've personally never flown with them but they are the flight to take from Rapid City to Denver.

I wish them well!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:10 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,434,862 times
Frontier is a great airline with some of the best planes in the sky. I don't think they are going away soon, but they definitely have troubled skies ahead. As great as their service is, that doesn't make an airline profitable. The presence of Southwest at Denver is going to be really difficult for Frontier. Southwest has already eaten up 7% of the market share from United's 52% and Frontier's 23% market shares. SWA will release several new routes from Denver soon, such as Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Jose etc... Frontier and United are both going to loose market share to SWA when SWA sweeps in with their low fares on these routes. Unfortunately for Frontier, Denver is everything that the airline relies on. For United, they have four other major hubs and can bleed a little money on their Denver operations to fight back SWA. Basically, SWA could in the end eat up Frontier by trying to take over Denver. As big a city is, I don't know if it can still be profitable for Frontier with SWA in the city. The only thing United has going for it is a loyal frequent flier base in Denver, and they have even admitted that Denver is know there most unprofitable hub due to the presence of SWA at the airport. I hope Frontier makes it through and can fight back Southwest at Denver.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:40 PM

82 posts, read 486,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
I've heard nothing but great things about Frontier. I've personally never flown with them but they are the flight to take from Rapid City to Denver.

I wish them well!

w00t Rapid city!! My parents live in Hermosa and have an office in Rapid City. I plan on flying there with Frontier from Indiana if my experience on this trip is good (and of course, if the fare is right). Service with NWA is lacking these days.

I'm looking forward to visiting the area this summer.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 PM

686 posts, read 3,715,544 times
Frontier is a great airline. I flew them to Denver last month. I really like them a lot. The planes are nice, the staff is friendly, and that is VERY important. Plus the ticket was a great price. I've never flown on an airline as nice as Frontier before. Southwest is good too but Frontier Rocks!!! I think they should do just fine but that's really a tough question to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver