U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 01:44 PM

23,094 posts, read 42,245,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I first had it on a lovely piece of avocado toast at a little coffee shop in Ouray. My son told me what it was and where to get it. We're all addicted to it now.
I'm gonna have to get some, sounds like something I'd like when I make avocado/egg toast. That link I posted has numerous ways to use the stuff, like seasoning on roast chickens, in slaws, etc.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 06:00 PM

15,105 posts, read 7,819,902 times
King Soopers for most things.
Costco for a few things. I almost cancel every year but end up getting a check back so figure I use it enough for it to be worth it.
Natural Grocers for eggs and a few other things on occasion.

I’m not a Sprout’s fan. They have good prices but their produce is always on the brink of going bad.
The Safeways near me are horrible so I avoid them.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:15 PM

2,103 posts, read 1,069,819 times
I really liked the Sprouts on Colorado Blvd. when I lived there.

There's a grocery store here laid out in an L shape like the King Soopers that used to be at Federal and Belleview.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:44 PM

11,488 posts, read 31,115,882 times
I was just at the KS on Federal and Belleview, its one of the large ones. I usually shop at the former Albertsons at Kipling and C470.

I shop Sprouts on Wednesdays.

I bought the Entertainment Book again for the $20 off a $100 purchase at both Safeway and KS.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:03 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,545,787 times
Denver is underserved. No quality full grocery such as HEB, Publix, Wegman’s, etc. Not impressed with King Soupers/Kroger.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:22 PM

2,103 posts, read 1,069,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I was just at the KS on Federal and Belleview, its one of the large ones.
For some reason, I was thinking they'd moved. But the store used to have an L shape way back when.

Old 08-29-2020, 08:15 AM

23,306 posts, read 14,566,561 times
Well, these are not normal times, so my shopping habits have had to be modified. Plus I am currently working a crazy amount of hours and only 1 day off per week, so just have far less time to shop.

I have been avoiding going into stores as much as possible. I believe I have personally been inside a supermarket only twice since February. I've been primarily doing delivery orders from Target via Shipt and pick up orders from King Soopers. And getting more than usual on Amazon, including some food items although more cleaning and health & beauty stuff.

I do have a couple of (non-household) family members who are a little less stringent and who go to Costco and Sprouts, so I can have them pick up things there for me too.

For a while, the King Soopers pick up program was completely overwhelmed and was a mess. At least a third of my order would be unavailable and they randomly substituted items without checking first. I stopped using it at all for a while. It's still got some issues but at least they've gone back to letting you approve or reject substitutions. But sometimes their suggestions are weird when I am sure they had better options to pick from.

I have been very pleased with Shipt - the shoppers text you while they are shopping to offer substitutions when needed, and when they say "They are out of X, do you want Y?," you can also ask if they have Z instead, so you maintain more control over the order, as long as you have a good idea of what the store typically stocks. But I generally only get packaged stuff at Target, I am not very pleased with the quality of the fresh produce or meats, so it's more of a fill in type thing, especially if I need other Target type items, like school supplies or something. I think Shipt may shop at stores besides Target but I haven't explored that yet. I will try that though, esp. if the King Soopers orders continue to go downhill again.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:58 AM

1,154 posts, read 218,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I first had it on a lovely piece of avocado toast at a little coffee shop in Ouray. My son told me what it was and where to get it. We're all addicted to it now.
Best seasoning mix ever. Also works well for pan-seared crusted tuna. We buy a dozen bottles at time.

As for our grocery shopping:

King Soopers, curbside pickup, for 99% of our groceries
Trader Joe’s, very occasionally, for specialty items only

Old 08-30-2020, 07:21 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,223,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
Denver is underserved. No quality full grocery such as HEB, Publix, Wegman’s, etc. Not impressed with King Soupers/Kroger.
This was my feeling while living in Denver as well. King Soopers was far and away the worst chain I ever shopped at anywhere I lived. Ultimately, after about a year, I stopped shopping at my local KS (Off Quebec in Stapleton/Central Park), and split my time between Sprouts on Colfax and the Super Target on Northfield (to get brand name non perishables). Never thought I would be one of those people who went to two different stores, but KS drove me to it. Now that I can shop at a large and very well managed HEB again, I only make the one trip. I think management has a lot to do with chain and individual store quality, and that was probably my biggest complaint with my local KS.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:38 AM

1,099 posts, read 700,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Appears that apostrophes were on sale, but they were out of stock on spell checkers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver