U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2020, 08:50 AM
 
733 posts, read 416,298 times
Reputation: 557

Advertisements

way too bad for the grammer & spelling thingy
but
the fourm could always use a boost, lots of new citizens posted this thread


I am still hoping a Aldi opens in Denver County. A german holding company owns both Aldi & traderJoes. Maybe they feel a Denver Aldi would cut into their Trader Joe business?
Aldi is a discount bodega, they have a house brand but fewer products and services.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-02-2020 at 12:04 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2020, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Berkeley, Denver, CO USA
15,696 posts, read 23,601,811 times
Reputation: 26945
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
I am still hoping a Aldi opens in Denver County. A german holding company owns both Aldi & traderJoes. Maybe they feel a Denver Aldi would cut into their Trader Joe business?
Aldi is a discount bodega, they have a house brand but fewer products and services.
It will be a very long before Aldo gets here. Denver is surrounded by way to much empty land.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-02-2020 at 12:04 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2020, 10:37 AM
 
1,983 posts, read 3,321,419 times
Reputation: 2750
Had an Aldi where I used to live in Phila. Really bare bones. If you enjoy flying Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant, it's for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2020, 09:00 PM
 
1,206 posts, read 1,546,042 times
Reputation: 1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
way too bad for the grammer & spelling thingy
but
the fourm could always use a boost, lots of new citizens posted this thread


I am still hoping a Aldi opens in Denver County. A german holding company owns both Aldi & traderJoes. Maybe they feel a Denver Aldi would cut into their Trader Joe business?
Aldi is a discount bodega, they have a house brand but fewer products and services.
Aldi and Traders are not under the same company. They co-exist in many areas, and their models are very different.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2020, 09:57 PM
 
Location: Berkeley, Denver, CO USA
15,696 posts, read 23,601,811 times
Reputation: 26945
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
Aldi and Traders are not under the same company. They co-exist in many areas, and their models are very different.
Is confusing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trader_Joe%27s
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2020, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Berkeley, Denver, CO USA
15,696 posts, read 23,601,811 times
Reputation: 26945
"Sep 2, 2020, 3:17pm MDT A pair of developers are proposing a Costco-anchored retail center in the Montbello and Green Valley Ranch neighborhoods, and are seeking $9.5 million in sales tax rebates to bring the project to far northeast Denver.

The project, dubbed the Flyway, would include approximately 223,000 square feet of retail, 148,000 of which would be occupied by Costco. The developers are planning a 40,000-square-foot community town center with a public plaza surrounded by restaurants and other local, regional and national retailers on six outparcels.

The 32-acre proposed site is located just east of the Montbello neighborhood and west of Peña Boulevard, along Green Valley Ranch Boulevard."

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...l-project.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2020, 10:32 AM
 
23,096 posts, read 42,249,633 times
Reputation: 23568
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
"Sep 2, 2020, 3:17pm MDT A pair of developers are ... seeking $9.5 million in sales tax rebates... https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...l-project.html
Voters should amend TABOR so that giving away tax money also has to be voter approved. Watch how quick that crap comes to a screeching halt.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2020, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
23,309 posts, read 14,571,198 times
Reputation: 35996
I heard about The Flyway proposal last nice. I hope it happens, it would be a great addition to the area, and a boost to those neighborhoods in particular and that improves things for all of us in Northeast Denver.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2020, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,116 posts, read 1,501,699 times
Reputation: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I heard about The Flyway proposal last nice. I hope it happens, it would be a great addition to the area, and a boost to those neighborhoods in particular and that improves things for all of us in Northeast Denver.
Yes, it's time to eliminate the food desert.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2020, 10:07 AM
 
733 posts, read 416,298 times
Reputation: 557
it would be nice to see the return of the neighborhood bodega. Could this be Aldi.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top