U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 08:23 AM

733 posts, read 416,298 times

Advertisements

I have read a new grocery store in denver, the old gay bro actually, so great news:
"Ideal Market to open at the old Whole Foods in cap hill..."

i guess wholeFoods ownes Ideal. Ideal has an existing store in boulder.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 03:48 PM

5,627 posts, read 9,919,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yes. High education is considered indicative of higher income thus lots of companies search out those areas for development. There is a whole world of data analysis where income and other demographic data is sliced and diced to describe the general vibe of any given zip code, with investment decisions flowing from that. They have clever names for these areas, like Volvos and baby seats, etc.
Pretty ridiculous though for these retailers to ignore a city with nearly 400,000 people isn't it? Once in awhile will make the drive over to Centennial Trader Joes. Last time I was there the cashier asked us where we are from and we said Aurora and she replied yeah we get a lot of people from Aurora, we really should open a store there. You think?

Old 09-18-2020, 04:37 PM

23,096 posts, read 42,249,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Pretty ridiculous though for these retailers to ignore a city with nearly 400,000 people isn't it? Once in awhile will make the drive over to Centennial Trader Joes. Last time I was there the cashier asked us where we are from and we said Aurora and she replied yeah we get a lot of people from Aurora, we really should open a store there. You think?
Agree, but much corporate decision making leans towards not taking risks to one's job. To put a store in a city where the data-mining doesn't support it is to stick one's neck out too far for comfort. It's like the old mainframe computer era; even though there were competing mainframe companies, the saying was that no one ever got fired for buying IBM. I wish I could find that article I read years ago about data mining which gave the catchy names the industry used for various marketing demographics.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree, but much corporate decision making leans towards not taking risks to one's job. To put a store in a city where the data-mining doesn't support it is to stick one's neck out too far for comfort. It's like the old mainframe computer era; even though there were competing mainframe companies, the saying was that no one ever got fired for buying IBM. I wish I could find that article I read years ago about data mining which gave the catchy names the industry used for various marketing demographics.
Mortgage companies and banks paid billions to settle lawsuits for some pretty sketchy business practices not too different than this.

Frankly I think this leaves the door wide open for Aldi to come here. Trader Joes doesn't have the excuse of not being able to sell beer any longer, soon enough they will be able to sell their cheap wine too.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:02 PM

15,696 posts, read 23,601,811 times
Quote:
Frankly I think this leaves the door wide open for Aldi to come here.
Not going to happen.
It is a distribution issue. Denver is in the middle of a desert.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:03 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,546,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Not going to happen.
What does this mean? Any chain can open up with the right distribution infrastructure. In and Out being a familiar name.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:05 AM

15,696 posts, read 23,601,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
What does this mean? Any chain can open up with the right distribution infrastructure. In and Out being a familiar name.
Aldo is busy elsewhere
https://www.supermarketnews.com/reta...g-2000th-store

Old 09-21-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Not going to happen.
They serve Wichita, how much more remote for modest business levels can you get than that?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:29 AM

733 posts, read 416,298 times
Quote:
They serve Wichita, how much more remote for modest business levels can you get than that?
ya i thought about that
just let it go.

you see a few full sized retail establishments tucked away into the denver metro:
the KingSoopers 14th Av & Speer
the KingSoopers 20th St & Chestnut
Sams Club Alameda & Broadway

just not a lot.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:38 PM

1,983 posts, read 3,321,419 times
Quote:
The Wichita Linemen offer support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver