U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 08:25 AM

733 posts, read 416,619 times

Advertisements

Restrurant Depot only requires a simple LLC through the Colorado Secritary of State office *(303) 894-2200‬
you can do it on line and the cost is $10/yr
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 10:16 AM

440 posts, read 255,398 times
All complaints? As an outsider, I wonder where are the best supermarkets? Sprouts is a lousy name IMO

Where I live, we have some outstanding though pricey supermarkets, way too large for me with every ethnic national cuisine. Especially Italian. I avoid Trader Joes and Costco.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:21 PM

17 posts, read 6,892 times
I live in central Aurora. I drive all the way to University and Hampden; or Parker King Soopers Marketplace stores. Always better produce, and cleaner stores.
I have a Costco membership, we utilize it maybe 4 times a year

Old 02-09-2021, 08:11 AM

996 posts, read 898,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
The Wichita Linemen offer support.
Well, they need the stores more than want them.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:15 AM

213 posts, read 153,139 times
I live in Lakewood and I really like bel mar King Soopers, Viet HOA, along with the two Mexican grocery stores on 1st and Sheridan.

All within a few min drive too. Ha

I don’t see how people can seriously shop at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, etc. complete rip-off IMO.

Honestly it’s a pet peeve of mine how so many people know how to cook a healthy, tasty meal. The number of my friends who use hello fresh and other food prep services blow me away.. It’s not difficult.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:08 AM

88 posts, read 20,978 times
Safeway doesn't even have a full time person working the seafood department in several stores in south denver area, it's almost as if the chain has a disdain for healthy people's desires. King soopers always has someone working the seafood department.

Last edited by Denverpro; 02-16-2021 at 11:25 AM..

Old 02-17-2021, 07:14 PM

738 posts, read 1,404,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
I live in Lakewood and I really like bel mar King Soopers, Viet HOA, along with the two Mexican grocery stores on 1st and Sheridan.

I don’t see how people can seriously shop at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, etc. complete rip-off IMO.

Honestly it’s a pet peeve of mine how so many people know how to cook a healthy, tasty meal. The number of my friends who use hello fresh and other food prep services blow me away.. It’s not difficult.
cooking takes time. A lot of people don't have the time.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:03 PM

5,627 posts, read 9,921,488 times
Quote:

Why are other people's cooking habits a pet peeve? I personally hate sushi and refuse to eat it, but I wouldn't call it a pet peeve that there are so many sushi restaurants around. Be glad you have access to the things you like and enjoy your cooking, but why judge others on the choices they make?

Old 02-18-2021, 07:29 PM

213 posts, read 153,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Why are other people's cooking habits a pet peeve? I personally hate sushi and refuse to eat it, but I wouldn't call it a pet peeve that there are so many sushi restaurants around. Be glad you have access to the things you like and enjoy your cooking, but why judge others on the choices they make?
** People who complain about being broke, but spend 800-2000 a month on eating out/hello fresh, because they "Don't have time." There's a ton of them out there.

If they can afford it and don't whine, by all means, go for it =)

Old 02-19-2021, 08:16 AM

2,276 posts, read 6,061,679 times
Quote:
I used Blue Apron for a little while when life got busy and it was actually really nice to have 3 relatively healthy meals/week show up at my house. You pay for the convenience factor. Although I can say that I learned a lot about coking from Blue Apron, as some of the meals used (and explained!) techniques that I had never used before and now that I no longer use Blue Apron, I still use a couple of the recipes I liked most. But you’re correct in the respect that it’s not difficult to put together a healthy meal on your own.

In terms of grocery stores, I find that my local King Soopers (not a “Marketplace” version of King Soopers) is actually decent. There is also a Safeway nearby, but it’s a fairly low traffic store, and it’s usually a bit more expensive unless something is on sale. I don’t bother with Sprouts (I really miss the former Sunflower Market locations, which were bought by Sprouts) and usually don’t shop at Whole Foods although it’s nice to have nearby for the rare occasion when they might carry something that isn’t available at the other stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver