Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 11:22 AM

51 posts, read 142,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

OP, you could also look at Stapleton and Park Hill. Stapleton is more cookie cutter suburban but has some walkable spots with a town center and is close to the city. This will be the shortest commute of all of the options I am mentioning. Park Hill is just east of City Park so also close and has some really nice spots.

I personally think Rino is the best option for you since it has light rail, is a reasonable commute by car and has a very vibrant city vibe. There is always something going on in Rino.
Thank you very much. Definitely having the light rail walking distance would be a huge plus.
My budget for rentals is around $2K/month so hopefully the RINO area has some options for me.
Still trying to figure out the rail map but eventually I'll get there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 12:31 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,195,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose74 View Post
My budget for rentals is around $2K/month so hopefully the RINO area has some options for me.
Um, well. Maybe as a single with few demands, no pets or kids, yeah.

Denver is moderate COL but housing, from studio apartments up, is extremely expensive. The more so in hipster downtown zones like RiNo. And yes, I understand you're coming from a CA metro area; my experience is that the big cities always have lower-cost rentals in the mix. Don't expect that here.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Um, well. Maybe as a single with few demands, no pets or kids, yeah.

Denver is moderate COL but housing, from studio apartments up, is extremely expensive. The more so in hipster downtown zones like RiNo. And yes, I understand you're coming from a CA metro area; my experience is that the big cities always have lower-cost rentals in the mix. Don't expect that here.
I understand. San Diego is quite expensive as well so I'm used to $2k and up rent prices. I checked out a few apartment complexes in the area and they are within my price range.
Still a lot of research to be done, but I do appreciate your input!
All of your answers have really helped in narrowing down my future options.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:54 PM

405 posts, read 448,690 times
OP, I live in Park Hill, so close to City Park. In off hours, it takes me 25 minutes to get to DIA. So if you're OK with a 45 minute commute, do look around City Park, Curtis Park, Five Points. There are some amazing old Victorian homes in the area, as well as luxury new built condos/apts. There is construction along I-70 between the city and Pena Blvd, so that will slow you down at times, but hopefully that won't last forever. :/

Old 10-07-2020, 06:58 AM

824 posts, read 704,675 times
i would get a living situation next to an A-line lite rail station. The rtd-denver.com may not fit your budget for every day commute but for the days threat of hail or snow it would be a good option.

i70 construction will continue, best guess, for another 2 years. The area looks really bad, even worse for the rush hours or bad weather. Avoide i70.

Denver almost has a complete belt way but it is toll road. The E470 belt way is very expen$ive.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
i would get a living situation next to an A-line lite rail station. The rtd-denver.com may not fit your budget for every day commute but for the days threat of hail or snow it would be a good option.

i70 construction will continue, best guess, for another 2 years. The area looks really bad, even worse for the rush hours or bad weather. Avoide i70.

Denver almost has a complete belt way but it is toll road. The E470 belt way is very expen$ive.
Great info thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver