Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 07:38 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,172,880 times

Advertisements

I've been doing some research in the area and it seems to me that the only affordable part of metro (<600k for 4 bedroom) with great school combos that are near the front range (20 minutes) is Littleton. Castle Rock I heard might also work too but it's a bit too far from the city and maybe too conservative. Am I wrong? Are there other options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 07:14 AM

824 posts, read 705,490 times
the original topic was for affordable schools?
the best school is one with good on-line tech support. You shoyd elect to keep your children at home or a mix of home & assisted instruction.

Denver metro is really not that large. You will find housing varries and neighborhood boundries are not well defined. 4example a few blocks south or north of the dreaded Colfax Av strip there are completely secure / nice residential homes.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
the original topic was for affordable schools?
the best school is one with good on-line tech support. You shoyd elect to keep your children at home or a mix of home & assisted instruction.

Denver metro is really not that large. You will find housing varries and neighborhood boundries are not well defined. 4example a few blocks south or north of the dreaded Colfax Av strip there are completely secure / nice residential homes.
I want to throw within 20 minutes of the front range in as part of the criteria.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Yes, Castle Rock has had a reputation in these forums as being conservative with an evangelical flavor but not sure if that has softened any. The travails of Douglas County schools and their Board of Education have a rather fat thread in the Denver forum...find it with our search feature.

Is COLO SPGS an option for you? Your price range will get you a great home there along with several good school districts.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:12 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
The front range is the nearly entire I-25 corridor. Ft Collins to Pueblo.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:16 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
I want to throw within 20 minutes of the front range in as part of the criteria.
The "front range" extends from Ft. Collins down to Pueblo. Are you thinking you want to be in the Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs area? What do you want to be within 20 minutes of?

Old 10-07-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
The "front range" extends from Ft. Collins down to Pueblo. Are you thinking you want to be in the Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs area? What do you want to be within 20 minutes of?
Any kind of hiking with trails with trees and hills, not just the kinds with shrubs and brown grass like you find in Highlands Ranch.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yes, Castle Rock has had a reputation in these forums as being conservative with an evangelical flavor but not sure if that has softened any. The travails of Douglas County schools and their Board of Education have a rather fat thread in the Denver forum...find it with our search feature.

Is COLO SPGS an option for you? Your price range will get you a great home there along with several good school districts.
I'd like to be close enough to Denver to be able to go to events on a week night. I don't think that's possible in Ft Collins or CoS. Boulder is close enough but too expensive. Also doesn't CoS also have a reputation for being conservative and evangelical? It's also a military town. I haven't lived in one before so can't say what that means.

What about Golden, Lakewood or Broomfield?

Old 10-07-2020, 09:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
I'd like to be close enough to Denver to be able to go to events on a week night. I don't think that's possible in Ft Collins or CoS. Boulder is close enough but too expensive. Also doesn't CoS also have a reputation for being conservative and evangelical? It's also a military town. I haven't lived in one before so can't say what that means.

What about Golden, Lakewood or Broomfield?
Even Boulder is a stretch on a weeknight. You could probably find someplace there within your budget.

Broomfield and Lakewood are both pretty suburban. Golden has Colorado School of Mines and not quite so suburban-ish.

Yes, COS has a reputation for being conservative and evangelical, however, it's big enough that you can find people of other persuasions.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Even Boulder is a stretch on a weeknight. You could probably find someplace there within your budget.

Broomfield and Lakewood are both pretty suburban. Golden has Colorado School of Mines and not quite so suburban-ish.

Yes, COS has a reputation for being conservative and evangelical, however, it's big enough that you can find people of other persuasions.
Seems like public schools aren't as good in Golden and Lakewood. How close is Broomfield to hiking with trees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver