U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2021, 07:41 AM
 
Location: 0.83 Atmospheres
10,941 posts, read 8,896,049 times
Reputation: 11403

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Agree. However, depending how travel passports shake out, having only one Pfizer/Moderna vaccination may present a problem for international travel.

Regarding health systems, I was notified by both Kaiser (as a non-member) and National Jewish Health and given links to sign up with them several weeks ago (60+). I had already been vaccinated at WalMart 3 weeks ago today, on my first day of eligibility. And I got an email from Safeway today about availability of vaccine appointments, however, I don't recall signing up with them, but I must have.
Good point on the vax passports. I also got in at Walmart on my first day of eligibility.

Most of my team is in London. I started working with them in September, so cannot wait to get out and meet them. I will be fully vaxxed long before the UK allows visitors from the US. Lockdown is brutal for the Brits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2021, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Way up high
18,171 posts, read 23,599,853 times
Reputation: 22055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
J&J vaccines will have a greater supply in the next few weeks. There are mass vaccinations sites that will have this vaccine and signups have already begun https://www.centura.org/covid-19/cov...a_y-_4wAkiBb08
I was able to snag him an appointment for Dick's. Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2021, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
25,029 posts, read 18,155,315 times
Reputation: 14229
Received my first vaccine yesterday at Highlands Ranch Hospital after signing up on the UCHealth website using a link sent to me by my healthcare provider.
I think it took about a week from sign-up to when I received an email alert that appointments were available.
The appointment I signed up for was two weeks from then, so, three weeks from sign-up to vaccine.

So far, just some soreness in my arm but that’s it.

The link I used here:
https://www.uchealth.org/access-my-health-connection/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2021, 03:15 PM
 
Location: 0.83 Atmospheres
10,941 posts, read 8,896,049 times
Reputation: 11403
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Agree. However, depending how travel passports shake out, having only one Pfizer/Moderna vaccination may present a problem for international travel.

Regarding health systems, I was notified by both Kaiser (as a non-member) and National Jewish Health and given links to sign up with them several weeks ago (60+). I had already been vaccinated at WalMart 3 weeks ago today, on my first day of eligibility. And I got an email from Safeway today about availability of vaccine appointments, however, I don't recall signing up with them, but I must have.
Saw this in the WaPo today regarding Pfizer and Moderna. Pretty encouraging.

Quote:
“Among 2,479 fully vaccinated people, just three had confirmed infections. Among 477 people who received one dose, eight infections were reported.
By comparison, among 994 people who were not vaccinated, 161 developed infections.
No deaths were reported.”
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2021, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,978 posts, read 7,295,983 times
Reputation: 5354
I’ve been hearing from coworkers and reading on other boards that Centura Health and National Jewish have had more availability compared to other places. There’s also the option to drive a couple hours out of town. Apparently supply exceeds demand such that they occasionally open up to everyone regardless of risk factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Saw this in the WaPo today regarding Pfizer and Moderna. Pretty encouraging.
Assuming the sample groups have similar demographics, that comes out to 99.25% effectiveness for full vaccination and 89.6% effectiveness for the first round. Good stuff.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2021, 10:34 PM
 
Location: 0.83 Atmospheres
10,941 posts, read 8,896,049 times
Reputation: 11403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I’ve been hearing from coworkers and reading on other boards that Centura Health and National Jewish have had more availability compared to other places. There’s also the option to drive a couple hours out of town. Apparently supply exceeds demand such that they occasionally open up to everyone regardless of risk factors.



Assuming the sample groups have similar demographics, that comes out to 99.25% effectiveness for full vaccination and 89.6% effectiveness for the first round. Good stuff.
I don’t think that’s how they calculate overall effectiveness, but very encouraging nonetheless. I go for #2 on the 8th, then off to Napa to celebrate a week and a half later!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2021, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
7,459 posts, read 11,859,805 times
Reputation: 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I don’t think that’s how they calculate overall effectiveness, but very encouraging nonetheless. I go for #2 on the 8th, then off to Napa to celebrate a week and a half later!
I get my second dose on 4/20 of all days lol. I hope to take a weekend road trip or two in early May to do some hiking.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2021, 07:48 AM
 
Location: 0.83 Atmospheres
10,941 posts, read 8,896,049 times
Reputation: 11403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I get my second dose on 4/20 of all days lol. I hope to take a weekend road trip or two in early May to do some hiking.
Make sure they give you the right shot, I guess.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2021, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,978 posts, read 7,295,983 times
Reputation: 5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I don’t think that’s how they calculate overall effectiveness, but very encouraging nonetheless. I go for #2 on the 8th, then off to Napa to celebrate a week and a half later!
Oh I’m sure the professionals have much more refined calculation than the simple proportions I did haha. Congrats on getting vaxxed! I’ve only recently had a mild case of covid, so I figure I should be last in line to get the vaccine before I can crash my buddy’s in Mexico!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2021, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
23,563 posts, read 25,354,388 times
Reputation: 40289
My 27 year old son has an appointment for a J&J next week. He'll need to drive from Centennial to Pueblo but since it's only 1 shot and he could get in on a weekend without taking time off work he was fine with it. That's the last family member to get it. I'm thrilled.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top