U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 09:29 AM

10,941 posts, read 8,896,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
My 27 year old son has an appointment for a J&J next week. He'll need to drive from Centennial to Pueblo but since it's only 1 shot and he could get in on a weekend without taking time off work he was fine with it. That's the last family member to get it. I'm thrilled.
Good stuff! I was reading more about the difference in efficacy rates and the J&J tests were done in South Africa and other countries when the new variants were present, versus the Pfizer and Moderna tests being done earlier and only in the US. As a result, there is no sense in comparing the numbers. All three are highly effective and keep everyone from getting very sick. Get jabbed!

Last edited by SkyDog77; 04-03-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 11:23 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,389,889 times
I had the second one (Moderna) yesterday. Woke up this morning a little achy. Took some Tylenol and now fine. No other issues. No arm soreness with #2, but did have some mild soreness at the vaccination site with #1.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:36 AM

18,171 posts, read 23,599,853 times
UGH we are on the fence about taking the vaccines. I'm just internally fighting with the fact we don't know about long term effects. We are scheduled for JnJ but may cancel.

My only concern is travel to Hawaii in September. I don't know if they'll require a vaccine. If so, we may need to reconsider it. I'm not sure if I want to put something in my body that I'm not comfortable with just to travel.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:14 AM

23,468 posts, read 14,886,584 times
I had my 2nd Pfizer shot about 10 days ago. Had a pretty rough reaction - not flu type symptoms, but very painful lymph nodes. But only for a couple of days, and I'm fine now.

And I'm super thrilled that I was able to get an appointment for my teen for this past Saturday. Good luck and good timing! Even though it was Pfizer, it was through Walgreens and they schedule everyone for 4 weeks instead of three. But still, in a month, we will both be fully vaxxed and I'm beyond relieved.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
UGH we are on the fence about taking the vaccines. I'm just internally fighting with the fact we don't know about long term effects. We are scheduled for JnJ but may cancel.

My only concern is travel to Hawaii in September. I don't know if they'll require a vaccine. If so, we may need to reconsider it. I'm not sure if I want to put something in my body that I'm not comfortable with just to travel.
Vaccines typically don't have long term side effects. The vaccine acts within a few weeks to create an antibody reaction, then it's gone.

Given the fact that over 100 million in the US are now vaccinated, and a couple of countries (Israel and UAE) are almost fully vaccinated, in my opinion, your concerns are unfounded. Seems that he disease is potentially a lot worse than the vaccine, especially when you look at what the long-term Covid sufferers are going through.

Disclaimer - Just my opinion and not medical advice.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:48 AM

23,283 posts, read 42,624,934 times
Just got a news alert that on Saturday, 03 April 2021, over FOUR million vaccine shots were given in the USA.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Vaccines typically don't have long term side effects. The vaccine acts within a few weeks to create an antibody reaction, then it's gone.

Given the fact that over 100 million in the US are now vaccinated, and a couple of countries (Israel and UAE) are almost fully vaccinated, in my opinion, your concerns are unfounded. Seems that he disease is potentially a lot worse than the vaccine, especially when you look at what the long-term Covid sufferers are going through.

Disclaimer - Just my opinion and not medical advice.
I just had a friend, a 50-year old retired surgeon, end up in the ER with COVID. I’m much happier risking any potential unknowns with the vaccine than going through what he just did.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM

Here's a new article with some scary stuff:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/world...-21/index.html

Old 04-07-2021, 12:26 PM

23,283 posts, read 42,624,934 times
Quote:
Excerpt of article:
"A major study published Tuesday suggests as many as one in three people infected with Covid-19 are left with longer term mental health or neurological symptoms. Researchers found that 34% of coronavirus survivors received a diagnosis for a neurological or psychological condition within six months of infection, according to the research published in the journal Lancet Psychiatry. The most common diagnosis was anxiety, found in 17% of those treated for Covid-19, followed by mood disorders, found in 14% of patients,"

Dreadful consequences. Other news is saying there are more new variants out there with major increases in transmissibility. That's bad enough but if we get variants that have a big increase in lethality we're screwed. IMO it's too early to believe we are getting this under control, especially with all those people who refuse to wear a mask or get a vaccine -- such behavior begs for more variants in a global game of Russian Roulette.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
No doubt. I should add that my surgeon friend is not anti-vax. He was waiting his turn in his home state and it had not come yet. His experience with Covid was brutal. He ended up having to fly to another state to get Remdesivir and believes it saved his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver