U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 05:54 PM

10,881 posts, read 8,840,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
It will really depend on a lot of factors. But if things go well and we get 3 more vaccines added it will speed up considerably.

We got extra doses to pass out this weekend because the state knows we can do it. The vaccine comes to us and we prep the doses and give out shots, they don't sit and collect dust. All this and we don't get a penny from the gov't to administer and everyone is volunteering their time to do the job in hopes of getting the pandemic under control.
It is such important work. I was grateful my parents were able to get in as early as they did. Having them vaccinated is a huge weight of my shoulders. Keep up the good work!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 05:56 PM

2,012 posts, read 3,371,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Nice! How long before 40+?

Old 01-28-2021, 06:00 PM

^^^^

Maybe I should go to weekend paramedic school and get a job on an ambulance.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:23 AM

Skydog - As a retired physician, I thought of volunteering to give injections. However, unlike when this all started, the CO volunteer program now requires an active license. I let mine expire. Unlike many other states, CO does not have a "retired" category for medical licenses, which besides a markedly lower fee, allows for treatment/prescription writing for non-c0ontrolled substances for self and family, and volunteer work.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Skydog - As a retired physician, I thought of volunteering to give injections. However, unlike when this all started, the CO volunteer program now requires an active license. I let mine expire. Unlike many other states, CO does not have a "retired" category for medical licenses, which besides a markedly lower fee, allows for treatment/prescription writing for non-c0ontrolled substances for self and family, and volunteer work.
That’s unfortunate. It would seem that there is an opportunity here if people are needed to do injections.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:16 PM

1,910 posts, read 4,364,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
I just tried registering - no luck - vaccine not available already. From the registration site:

Yeah, the spots go really fast. I try to post as soon as I hear and I know several people messaged me saying they got a slot.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:45 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,369,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Yeah, the spots go really fast. I try to post as soon as I hear and I know several people messaged me saying they got a slot.
Thanks for posting it. I'll keep trying.

I'm on wait list now with Kaiser and CU Health, but have heard nothing further from either.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:54 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,369,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That’s unfortunate. It would seem that there is an opportunity here if people are needed to do injections.
Will this make a difference?

Retired doctors, nurses to be approved to give COVID-19 vaccine

Quote:

Retired doctors and nurses are being called to the front lines of the U.S. coronavirus vaccination effort, the White House COVID-19 Response team announced.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday it is amending its rules to allow retired health professionals to administer COVID-19 vaccine shots, said Jeff Zients, the White House COVID-19 Response coordinator.

The rules, drafted under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act, will also be adapted to allow licensed doctors, nurses and health practitioners to administer shots across state lines, Zients said. . .

Old 01-29-2021, 05:19 PM

Suzco - that's interesting. I haven't read the full article yet, but I was under the impression this is up to each state.

Going back 30+ years, there is/was a flying eye hospital called Orbis. The initial intent was to fly around the US to underserved and rural areas to provide cutting edge services (no pun intended) and teach the latest surgical techniques to the local docs. States refused to let it happen, as the volunteer docs on the plane weren't licensed in each state. Long story short, Orbis said "*********" to the states and started providing services internationally, where it was appreciated.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:34 AM

4,622 posts, read 2,349,952 times
DH and I were both able to get 1st vaccine appts in the last 24 hrs for the upcoming week, one through Centura and one through CVS at Target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver