U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 08:36 AM

17,692 posts, read 23,313,464 times

Advertisements

Bro is a FF in Miami and is going to start giving shots soon
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 01:34 PM

10,806 posts, read 8,744,954 times
The governor just announced that ages 60+ are eligible for vaccination on March 5th.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:50 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,338,972 times
Yay

Old 02-28-2021, 04:40 PM

1,001 posts, read 906,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
The governor just announced that ages 60+ are eligible for vaccination on March 5th.
That's the bit of good news. The bad news is, there are about 15 different agencies "offering" vaccinations, but every single one of 'em has a different process and a different sign-up procedure.

Particularly odious: Walmart forces you to get registered within Walmart - not the pharmacy, the store - before you can even find out that they have no available appointments.

The health care providers at least (usually) provide a way for waitlisting and/or contacting you when appointments open up.

The vaccination process is completely haphazard, without standards, and in many cases in violation of the state's own requirements that personal information not be collected.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:00 PM

23,136 posts, read 42,337,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
.... The vaccination process is completely haphazard, without standards, and in many cases in violation of the state's own requirements that personal information not be collected.
If we had universal single payer health insurance (Medicare for All - M4A) with one system and one process all of these issues should go away. What particularly bugs me with the current mess is that when I moved to Phoenix and needed to make the rounds of all the doctors (M.D., Urologist, Cardiologist, Opthalmologist, Dermatologist, Dentist, Pulmonologist, etc) every one of them handed me a damned 6-8 page set of forms to fill out; with the same data items but located on different pages. So did the blood draw office. There's not even a standard set of forms used by medical offices. Worse, my M.D. wants these stupid forms filled out every year for the 'annual wellness exam' as if I'm a new patient. I keep a copy of a completed set and just change the date every year and add any vaccinations. I'd be amazed if anyone ever sits at a terminal and keys this crap into a system, my doc HAS a system with all that data already in it, he brings his notebook PC into every exam with me and he pays more attention to it than to me. But I gotta fill out the damned forms every year . . .

With M4A I'd expect to have a "smart card" with a chip that has all my medical history, vaccinations, family medical history, list of prescriptions, allergies to meds, xrays, lab results, etc. When I worked for the Army 20 years ago we issued each soldier a Soldier Data Card, like a credit card, that had this info on a chip. All a soldier had to do was walk into any Army clinic at any base and insert that sucker into a card reader and put all that data at the doc's fingertips. After the visit the clinic would update the chip. Using a red-yellow-green stoplight feature the card would tell if the soldier was deployable or needed to update something and then the soldier could schedule his own appointment time at a clinic for the updating. But here we are, in 2021, and we still have to call, go through some inane phone tree, sit on hold for 20 minutes and then schedule an appointment. Good grief.

It's 2021 and the medical community can't get its head out of its paper blizzard. There's a fortune to be made by someone who implements a "patient I.D. card" as I've described. The incentive for medical offices is obvious but you have to sell it to them, they aren't going to do it on their own. It would have to be voluntary for the patient to have one and have to be done outside of the government because if the government tried to do this the religious extremists would pup up like a Jack in the Box to lament the mark of the devil and we'd have a blizzard of emails nationwide decrying this frightful new demon technology the libs are trying to ram down their throats. When the PC became standard on everyone's desk in the 1990s we cheered the onset of the paperless office. Yaaay! Ooops. How'd that turn out.

Only in America.... end of diatribe . . .
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:06 PM

Agree with DenverBrian. The signup procedure is a real clusterf**k. Signed up as a "member" of the hospital networks for a "don't call us, we'll call you" approach. The entire system is absurd. King Soopers has to be checked store by store. I actually found a first dose appt. at a King Soopers in Littleton, but then when I got to the step to schedule the 2nd dose, nothing was available, so it rejected the entire signup. WTF? Seems to be plenty of appointments available in small towns around the state, but not in the Denver metro.

They must have used the same programmers that did Connect for Health Colorado, which is another horrible site that hasn't improved from year to year.

Mike - Sorry, but I can't imagine a gov't run system being any better. As a medical resident, I spent a total of 9 months at a VA Hospital and it was truly pathetic; run more poorly than USPS.
And BTW, ophthalmologist

Oh, and all the extra paperwork with irrelevant demographic questions is a result of Obamacare.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:43 AM

Follow-up to my rant above. This morning, I booked a vaccine appointment at the Littleton Walmart for 3/5 - first day of eligibility! I went back to the site 10 minutes later out of curiosity and all appointments were booked. I was in the right place at the right time (6:30AM)!

Old 03-01-2021, 06:53 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,575,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
This morning, I booked a vaccine appointment at the Littleton Walmart for 3/5 - first day of eligibility!
Most of the sites I have looked at still have the 65+ eligibility requirement so you can't get past the initial questions, even if you want to book for March 5 or later?

Old 03-01-2021, 06:59 AM

1,001 posts, read 906,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
Most of the sites I have looked at still have the 65+ eligibility requirement so you can't get past the initial questions, even if you want to book for March 5 or later?
My advice: Add five years to your birth date, then correct it at the time of the shot. You've got to fight a bad process by going over, under, around, or through it.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
My advice: Add five years to your birth date, then correct it at the time of the shot. You've got to fight a bad process by going over, under, around, or through it.
Agree. I checked the 65+ box on the Walmart site, but put in my correct birth year when it came to filling in the registration data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver