Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 10:32 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,417,131 times

Advertisements

My second shot is scheduled for this weekend when we MIGHT be getting FEET of snow. If the worst case comes to be and everything gets shut down, any thoughts on how they would reschedule those second doses? Do you need to have the second dose within a certain window of time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 10:47 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Luckily, it's a 42 day window as opposed to being an absolute 3 or 4 week time frame.

Quote:
Interval between mRNA doses

The second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible, but not earlier than recommended (i.e., 3 weeks [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 1 month [Moderna]). However, second doses administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid. If it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended interval and a delay in vaccination is unavoidable, the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be administered up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose. Currently, only limited data are available on efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered beyond this window.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...Administration

Old 03-09-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Luckily, it's a 42 day window as opposed to being an absolute 3 or 4 week time frame.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...Administration
Thanks! It's nice that there will still be an additional 21 days but I can't help but doubt that they will be able to reschedule everyone during that time. Hope the storm is a dud.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Thanks! It's nice that there will still be an additional 21 days but I can't help but doubt that they will be able to reschedule everyone during that time. Hope the storm is a dud.
I know people whose appointments were affected by the big storm on the East coast and they got it all sorted out pretty easily. I think there is some give in the system with how many people they schedule for a given time, so they can fill in with the 2nd appointments as needed.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I know people whose appointments were affected by the big storm on the East coast and they got it all sorted out pretty easily. I think there is some give in the system with how many people they schedule for a given time, so they can fill in with the 2nd appointments as needed.
Appreciate the positive comments!

Old 03-09-2021, 12:50 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,868 times
I got my first shot last week at Safeway in Monument, but I have been keeping an eye on the vaccine providers because my husband and daughter will become eligible with the next phase (hopefully March 21). I have noticed that the Safeway sites that are north of El Paso County all have the below text when you search for available vaccines. The ones in El Paso County do not say this - they match up with the current state phase. Is this true, or did they maybe not get their sites updated? I have not heard anything about this and I don't see it on any of the other vaccine provider sites.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE ATTESTATION BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT

COVID-19 vaccine at this site currently being prioritized for the following people:
* Teachers, school staff, and child-care workers are defined as those who work in pre-primary, primary, and secondary schools, as well as Head Start and Early Start programs (including teachers, staff and bus drivers) and those who work for licensed child care providers, including center-based and family care providers.

This site is receiving COVID-19 vaccine from the federal government and needs to administer it as directed by the Biden administration.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE COVID VACCINE AT THIS TIME AND YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELLED.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Appreciate the positive comments!
we are all in this together - every person who gets their vaccine is helping to protect others as well as themselves

Old 03-09-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
I got my first shot last week at Safeway in Monument, but I have been keeping an eye on the vaccine providers because my husband and daughter will become eligible with the next phase (hopefully March 21). I have noticed that the Safeway sites that are north of El Paso County all have the below text when you search for available vaccines. The ones in El Paso County do not say this - they match up with the current state phase. Is this true, or did they maybe not get their sites updated? I have not heard anything about this and I don't see it on any of the other vaccine provider sites.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE ATTESTATION BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT

COVID-19 vaccine at this site currently being prioritized for the following people:
* Teachers, school staff, and child-care workers are defined as those who work in pre-primary, primary, and secondary schools, as well as Head Start and Early Start programs (including teachers, staff and bus drivers) and those who work for licensed child care providers, including center-based and family care providers.

This site is receiving COVID-19 vaccine from the federal government and needs to administer it as directed by the Biden administration.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE COVID VACCINE AT THIS TIME AND YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELLED.
the ones in Denver are current - they actually switched over midway through the day in the middle of last Tuesday, meaning that first thing in the morning, they did not include the criteria for the people who were going to be eligible starting last Friday but then around midday, they updated the attestation so that people who were making appointments a few days out could get them with a proper attestation

It looks like whoever is handling the website north of El Paso County hasn't updated for a while.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
My second shot is scheduled for this weekend when we MIGHT be getting FEET of snow. If the worst case comes to be and everything gets shut down, any thoughts on how they would reschedule those second doses? Do you need to have the second dose within a certain window of time?
Updating to report that Centura contacted me this morning to say they have decided to close this weekend but have added evening vaccine appointments for tomorrow and Friday for those who want to reschedule. I am so relieved!

Old 03-12-2021, 02:28 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Good news! Polis annouced all Coloradans will be eligible by Mid May, ahead of the federal guidelines set out by Biden.

Restaurant workers will be eligible by March 19th. I think this is a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver