U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 02:43 PM

1,910 posts, read 4,363,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Now that we are in phase 1B.4, I am officially eligible. It's not because I'm over 50 or my occupation. My familial hypertension finally did something positive for me. LOL

Trying to find an open appointment date, however, sucks. Hoping to get it done ASAP because I took 3 days off at the end of next month to go hiking. I'm hoping to do the North and South Dakota state high points.

I recommend looking at the mass vaccination clinic at Dick's (run by Centura), register for accounts at Denver Health/SCL, or snagging appts at pharmacies when they repopulate (for example Walmart at midnight). Don't rely on putting yourself on lists like Kaiser and hoping for a call.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 02:46 PM

7,447 posts, read 11,810,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
I recommend looking at the mass vaccination clinic at Dick's (run by Centura), register for accounts at Denver Health/SCL, or snagging appts at pharmacies when they repopulate (for example Walmart at midnight). Don't rely on putting yourself on lists like Kaiser and hoping for a call.
Yeah we ended up getting an appointment through a Walgreen's not too far from our house. Supposed to get the first dose at 4:45 today. Wife and I both were refreshing our browsers at the same time.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:07 PM

18,002 posts, read 23,488,646 times
I was able to get us appointments for next month off the Vaccine Finders group on FB. Very easy

Old 03-23-2021, 09:50 PM

10,879 posts, read 8,837,136 times
A friend of mine started www.findashot.org which may also be helpful.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:50 AM

Well they cancelled both our appointments next month so now we're scrambling. If we can't get it, then it is what it is.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:08 AM

1,278 posts, read 776,731 times
Look at the Colorado Vaccine Hunters group on FB. There is a wealth of information. I was able to get the vaccine only due to the tips I read there.

Signing up for your health system and waiting for them to call you is not a great idea if you want the vaccine soon. An elderly friend is with Kaiser and was confident she'd get her shot because she was signed up and ready to go. Even though she was eligible awhile ago she never was contacted. Now she just caught Covid.

The system is a confusing hodgepodge because the vaccine is distributed through so many channels. You have local/independent pharmacies, drugstores like Walgreens and CVS, retailers like Walmart, Target, fire departments, county agencies, then your health systems like UC Health, Centura, etc. All of them have their own way of signing up and knowing where to find the website is a challenge.

A number of metro-area residents are flocking to rural areas because people there are more resistant to getting the vaccine so supplies are high and it's easier to get an appointment.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:35 AM

Yes I belong to that FB group and put him on every list I can. He has to have J&J due to work time restrictions and that's the one I want. Again, if we can't get it, then oh well. I'm sure we'll live.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:53 AM

10,879 posts, read 8,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes I belong to that FB group and put him on every list I can. He has to have J&J due to work time restrictions and that's the one I want. Again, if we can't get it, then oh well. I'm sure we'll live.
As far as I can tell from reading the data, you get as good or better immunity from a single Pfizer or Moderna than you do from J&J.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:27 PM

2,012 posts, read 3,370,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
As far as I can tell from reading the data, you get as good or better immunity from a single Pfizer or Moderna than you do from J&J.
Agree. However, depending how travel passports shake out, having only one Pfizer/Moderna vaccination may present a problem for international travel.

Regarding health systems, I was notified by both Kaiser (as a non-member) and National Jewish Health and given links to sign up with them several weeks ago (60+). I had already been vaccinated at WalMart 3 weeks ago today, on my first day of eligibility. And I got an email from Safeway today about availability of vaccine appointments, however, I don't recall signing up with them, but I must have.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:37 PM

1,278 posts, read 776,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
J&J vaccines will have a greater supply in the next few weeks. There are mass vaccinations sites that will have this vaccine and signups have already begun https://www.centura.org/covid-19/cov...a_y-_4wAkiBb08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver