U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 04:28 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,061,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Been to Royal Gorge several times, for the train trip and the prison tour. The gorge is known as the Grand Canyon of Colorado. In summer, the white water rafting trip are a fan favorite. Main page for tourist info.
My sister-in-law and I went whitewater rafting through Royal Gorge. Lots of fun--and another reason to make the trip in late spring or early summer.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-15-2021, 04:54 PM

65 posts, read 12,040 times
Quote:
Fremont Pass
then i-70 to denver
There will be a lot of activity in that corridor in March. So make sure you aren't going back to Denver on a weekend. They also have strict rules on i70 in that corridor which requires snow tires or 4 wheel drive. That rule is probably one of the best rules ever enacted. You could always stay in Frisco overnight or spend some time there, its a really cool mountain town with walkability and its not ski-focused. Once you pass silverthorne its just a rat race to get back to Denver, nothing all that great as far as cities from the tunnel to Denver. Idaho Springs & Georgetown are pretty blah.

One unique detour you may like instead of going straight to denver is take evergreen parkway to evergreen. Get out and stretch your legs in Evergreen there are lots of walking paths, then going to Morrison which sits near the red rocks, tons of parks and walking paths on that route. that way you'll avoid i70 going down the hill with all the scary signs everywhere saying "it gets worse" and now everyone is looking in their rear view mirror after a deadly semi wreck a couple of years ago... Enjoy!

Last edited by Denverpro; 02-15-2021 at 05:10 PM..

Old 02-15-2021, 09:23 PM

74 posts, read 29,921 times
Thanks for all the suggestions, but likely I will drive up I-25. I have a feeling those scenic roads will be all snow and ice in March. Keep in mind, I have no idea how to drive in snow. If I-70 requires 4 wheel drive, it won't be possible because I'm renting a small sedan.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:24 PM

I plan to drive to Denver on a Friday and drive out of Denver on a Monday.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:50 PM

7,368 posts, read 11,678,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerDobson View Post
I plan to drive to Denver on a Friday and drive out of Denver on a Monday.
Are you staying for a week or just the weekend? I ask because that's a lot of driving for a weekend trip. El Paso to Denver is 10-11 hours on a good day.

Old 02-16-2021, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Are you staying for a week or just the weekend? I ask because that's a lot of driving for a weekend trip. El Paso to Denver is 10-11 hours on a good day.
I'm planning on spending the night in Albuquerque each way. I'd say I'll be in Denver for 2 full days.

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

I'm now flying to Denver in March. I sure hope there won't be any severe delays due to snow. I know Denver Airport has the most delays as far as I know.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
Status: "Looking forward to President Harris" (set 29 days ago)

15,661 posts, read 23,562,226 times
Quote:
I'm now flying to Denver in March.
Not very scenic.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

5,304 posts, read 10,699,393 times
Quote:
I'm now flying to Denver in March. I sure hope there won't be any severe delays due to snow. I know Denver Airport has the most delays as far as I know.
So, despite all the advice given you are still planning on coming in March? I'm getting confused about how long you plan to stay in Colorado and what you plan to do. If your trip involves a lot of driving, March is a terrible time for you to pick. Can be the snowiest month in Colorado.

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

7,368 posts, read 11,678,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
So, despite all the advice given you are still planning on coming in March? I'm getting confused about how long you plan to stay in Colorado and what you plan to do. If your trip involves a lot of driving, March is a terrible time for you to pick. Can be the snowiest month in Colorado.
He changed his itinerary from driving between El Paso and Denver to flying straight into Denver. If OP's scouting for a relo it'll allow for more time to see what the city's all about, and possibly experience a nice, wet, late winter/early spring snowstorm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver