U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:09 PM

74 posts, read 29,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
He changed his itinerary from driving between El Paso and Denver to flying straight into Denver. If OP's scouting for a relo it'll allow for more time to see what the city's all about, and possibly experience a nice, wet, late winter/early spring snowstorm.
Well now i am flying and staying 2 nights. If there is a snowstorm, I'll just cancel. My concern is even if its sunny, the freeways will be icy and there will be 7-10 feet of snow. It might remind me of Green Bay and Minneapolis.
Rate this post positively

Old Today, 05:13 PM

7,368 posts, read 11,674,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerDobson View Post
Well now i am flying and staying 2 nights. If there is a snowstorm, I'll just cancel. My concern is even if its sunny, the freeways will be icy and there will be 7-10 feet of snow. It might remind me of Green Bay and Minneapolis.
The odds of it being that bad are slim. A typical snowstorm in Denver is 3-7" of snow. 10+ inches of snow in a single storm is rare, and what snow we do get typically doesn't stick around for extended periods.

Old Today, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
The odds of it being that bad are slim. A typical snowstorm in Denver is 3-7" of snow. 10+ inches of snow in a single storm is rare, and what snow we do get typically doesn't stick around for extended periods.
I'm assuming the snow levels would be terrible in Denver. I'm someone who hates cold and snowy weather. I enjoy the Phoenix heat. I hate freezing cold weather. What is it like at night in Denver? Will I need a heavy coat with mittens and a beanie with ear muffs?

Old Today, 06:39 PM

7,368 posts, read 11,674,896 times
Quote:
I'm assuming the snow levels would be terrible in Denver. I'm someone who hates cold and snowy weather. I enjoy the Phoenix heat. I hate freezing cold weather. What is it like at night in Denver? Will I need a heavy coat with mittens and a beanie with ear muffs?
Denver gets 50-60" of snow per year, but it's sunny and not cold enough for it to stick around like it does in the Upper Midwest. It can snow 3-6" one day and be gone in 3-5 days.

I would bring a winter jacket, gloves, and a stocking cap. Even if it's in the 50s during the day it will get chilly rapidly once the sun goes down.

Old Today, 07:11 PM

738 posts, read 1,402,496 times
Quote:
I'm someone who hates cold and snowy weather.
then why are you even going?

Old Today, 08:03 PM

1,975 posts, read 3,312,681 times
Quote:
I know Denver Airport has the most delays as far as I know.
Really?

Have you ever been to Newark or LaGuardia?

Old Today, 08:04 PM

23,068 posts, read 42,210,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Really?

Have you ever been to Newark or LaGuardia?
Newark or LaGuardia? I drink to forget . . .
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old Today, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
then why are you even going?
I want to see what the city is like.

Old Today, 09:28 PM
Status: "Looking forward to President Harris" (set 29 days ago)

15,658 posts, read 23,554,470 times
Quote:
Denver Airport has the most delays as far as I know.
You so funny.
https://www.tripsavvy.com/the-worlds...rports-4074313

Manila, Philippines: 66.9%
Why it could not stretch to 67% I don’t know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver