U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 05:23 PM

74 posts, read 29,921 times

Advertisements

What is Denver like for a tourist from Phoenix, AZ in March? Is it so cold? Does it snow heavily? Are there big blizzards? I'm not used to driving in snow. Is it Midwest and Northeast cold in March?
Rate this post positively

Old 02-13-2021, 05:38 PM
Status: "Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica" (set 3 hours ago)

6,445 posts, read 3,918,797 times

Old 02-13-2021, 05:48 PM

So it is cold in March from what I see. Probably will wait until the summer. Probably icy roads too and heavy snow.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:10 PM

7,368 posts, read 11,674,896 times
Honestly it varies. It could be cold and/or snowy or it could be sunny and 50s or 60s. If you're trying to completely avoid cold and snow then the general rule of thumb is waiting until after Mother's Day.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:40 PM

65 posts, read 12,040 times
It doesn't stick around long. The flights from Phoenix to Denver are so cheap you can prob. wait and check the 7 day forecast and get a plane ticket when the forecast looks good.

Snow doesn't stick around here for more than 2 days.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:47 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,061,754 times
That's the snowiest month in Denver--and the snow does tend to be wet then. Wait until after Mother's Day if you want to completely avoid snow.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:20 PM

17 posts, read 5,110 times
March is hit or miss. My opinion of cold differs from the next, and so on and so forth. In my opinion, anything above 45 with sun out is decent, the sun really makes a difference here. March can have days in the 30s but also days in the 50s and 60s it really does vary day by day. However, March is one of, if not the most, snowiest months and it’s the wet heavy kind at that. However, snow in spring melts fairly quickly. I would wait until after Mother’s Day if you’re trying to avoid snow and cold, because it can snow through early May in Denver.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:12 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,671,667 times
March is warm, sunny, cold, windy, rainy, and snowy.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:35 AM

I may go in March. I'll check the weather a day or 2 before. So I have more questions:

1. What is traffic like there? Is it light traffic or heavy bumper to bumper traffic? Is there traffic during the day and on weekends? Is traffic caused by lots of accidents?

2. Are the drivers aggressive and dont know how to drive? I get anxiety when I drive, so I'm just wondering.

3. Are the people nice and friendly in Denver?

4. Is there a lot to do for tourists?

5. Is the light rail safe? Is Denver safe in general?

6. What is Colorado Springs like? I'm passing through and may want to stop there. I imagine it's probably like Tucson and Denver is probably like Phoenix is my guess.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:58 AM

7,368 posts, read 11,674,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerDobson View Post
I may go in March. I'll check the weather a day or 2 before. So I have more questions:

1. What is traffic like there? Is it light traffic or heavy bumper to bumper traffic? Is there traffic during the day and on weekends? Is traffic caused by lots of accidents?

2. Are the drivers aggressive and dont know how to drive? I get anxiety when I drive, so I'm just wondering.

3. Are the people nice and friendly in Denver?

4. Is there a lot to do for tourists?

5. Is the light rail safe? Is Denver safe in general?

6. What is Colorado Springs like? I'm passing through and may want to stop there. I imagine it's probably like Tucson and Denver is probably like Phoenix is my guess.
A lot of this is going to be subjective based on your own personal tastes, but here goes.

1. Traffic is lighter than normal due to COVID. Denver does experience traffic issues, and during non-COVID times bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush hour is common on I-25, I-70, and I-270.

2. There are aggressive drivers here. I don't encounter them much during my commute (primarily on non-freeway roads), but they are present.

3. Transplants complain that folks in Denver are cordial but aloof, and are occasionally flaky. Again, I haven't experienced any of that.

4. What do you like to do? Downtown Denver has taken a serious hit due to COVID, and if you're into outdoor recreation it's not in Denver proper. You'll have to head west to the foothills for that.

5. Yes and yes.

6. The Springs is Denver's conservative/libertarian little brother (and man alive is the bitter Little Brother Syndrome strong in some of the long-timers). It's closer to the mountains than Denver, but it also feels much smaller than the Denver Metro Area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver