U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:48 PM

3,135 posts, read 5,335,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
I get what you are saying. HR does not have an old city center, but it does have a space for concerts, farmer’s markets, a gathering place, if you will.
Of all the new town centers, Lakewood's is probably best. Unlike the HR Town Center, Lakewood's BelMar has density and walkability, is not dominated by parking lots, has public spaces, and a mix of retail and residential. Even then, I would not consider it a true town center. It needs more transportation options and a better mix of civic functions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:46 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
27,168 posts, read 45,320,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Water is not cheap in the west and will continue to be a political football between western states.

Anyone who wants a lot of green... should stay in the eastern half of the USA.
Or... plenty of FREE rain and green in the 'western' Evergreen State (WA) (and next door in The Beaver State)
I get 120+" of drizzle / yr there and 33" in Texas home and 18" in CO home, 1m in Thailand (39")

Can collect all the rainwater I want in WA, but no damming of creeks (salmon habitat).
TX I can do anything I want including diverting water that would flow to neighbors or creek. As well as grey water recycle.
CO, you can do virtually nothing with water (50 gal rain barrel)

If green is your thing... Colorado will be evasive to find that, except in the evergreen forests of western slope which are free from beetle kill. There are plenty, but they will not be found on the prairie of the front range.

Downtown (deciduous trees), are likely pretty brown in winter.
Black Forest (north of CoS) can be fairly green in the winter (if not burning the previous summer)

Returning to CO in the winters by flight or dropping into Ft Collins from Laramie always surprises us how different (and Brown) it is. Growing up in Estes Park the trees were green in winter, but grasses were brown, but usually snow covered much of the winter.

No income tax, next door to no Sales Tax, with left coast wages, and free FT college instead of HS were a few WA perks (during earning yrs). Spouse now insists on GREEN terrain, so CO is no longer on our radar as a future permanent home, tho we visit once / month or more. Mtn vistas for 50 miles from our home (when it is clear enough to see 50 miles...)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver