U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 06:21 PM

118 posts, read 77,425 times

Advertisements

I really love Phoenix! It is a whole lot better than Denver. I will never move out of Phoenix.

Go Suns!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 07:31 PM

15,917 posts, read 23,936,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorandesert92 View Post
I really love Phoenix!
Call me in July and we will converse about the weather.
And, let us not forget the politics of the state.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:58 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
27,618 posts, read 45,867,894 times
OP, bring your Seattle home cash, and WAIT for the right deal in the area you determine is best for you. I have 4 friends and relatives who live in HR and seem to get by ok, but I could never survive there. You too will need to map and accept your own spot. (I went from rural front range CO to PNW near your age and pre kids (by 3 weeks).

Be sure to scope out your future work / commute / client region. I would choose CoS over Denver if I had a statewide territory and choice of location. Whatever you do.... Get a home with a good view, even if smaller than desired. 2000 sf is really plenty for a family, and to roof, maintain, paint, clean, insure, pay taxes for.... (We have had ~30 properties of all types, but never in a city. Ymmv.)

Our favorite was a 1939 model, 800 sf/ floor, on a u-pick fruit farm which our kids really treasured. Ironically, my childhood Colorado neighbor's home and u-pick fruit farm was very similar. As were 3 of our Colorado homes. Working from home.... A view is really great, especially when you can watch frequent weather changes throughout the day. In Colorado, you can watch the lightning strikes every summer afternoon and count the fires they start. We saw over 20 strikes and 6 fires start in one afternoon last summer.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:21 AM

739 posts, read 424,935 times
consider where most of your business will be in. 4example; a drive from HighLandsRanch -> Boulder could be more than expected.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:53 AM

6,163 posts, read 6,566,820 times
OP: I think you can find what you want in Colorado Springs. for example:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...13559516_zpid/

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

1,005 posts, read 918,376 times
Castle Pines North? https://www.redfin.com/CO/Castle-Roc.../home/83455584

Living close to I-25 in a less urban area may be a good balance of home life and travel needs for you.

Old Today, 10:22 AM

739 posts, read 424,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDenverRes View Post
Hey All
Top Priorities: Price Range - Up to $750k
Space - Moderate sized home + Yard (1/4 acre, 3000 sqft.), 4-5 bed
Schools - High rated schools
Accessibility - to Denver and other cities in the state
Community - Friendliness of neighbors/community events
priceRange
$750 for a 5 bedroom house on a quater size lot may be difficult anywhere in any metro area here.
-not a lot of water here so you will be limited what you can do with the quater acre. No rewards for having to cut just weeds on a quater acre lot.
-beyond the eastern slope into the valley it is just a highland desert and nothing much grows.
-well & septic is a significant risk. Community water systems can be expen$ive.
-mountain poroptery tends to catch on fire these days.

schools
-Colorado as a state dosnt spend much on education. You might not be impressed no matter which school you land in.

Accessibility
Denver is really well centered geographically. Get a home in denver and you will at least have equal travel prospects no matter which way business takes you. Lite rail and bus, Uber etc, travel are options inside Denver proper. Things are closer together more urban. You might not have to be driving the children just everywhere they need to be. Quality of Internet and cell service can varry lots.

Community
Denver is a small island. Citizens are mostly in coexist mode and just dont care. Even a few blocks from the dreaded Colfax Av there are perrectly functional neighborhoods. No big definded areas. Expect frendly people but best to interview a few new neighbors and ck out the crime map at denverGov before you buy that house. Politics is more conservative out side of the urban areas Denver Boulder FtCoins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver