Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 05:27 AM

90 posts, read 126,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
What am I missing? Highlands Ranch is the optimal location for someone who works in Highlands Ranch. Preferably walking or biking distance to the work location.

The commute to the airport 2x a month doesn't really matter because it is so seldom compared to a daily commute. Making it 10 or 15 min. closer to the airport doesn't even compare to adding that on to your daily commute both ways.
True. However, I’d like to have a couple of different suburbs to look at, considering the incredibly low inventory at the moment. But if I’m being honest, HR doesn’t seem all that appealing to me, via the web anyway. But who knows, it may end up being the best option. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 06:29 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,145,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orghiplove View Post
True. However, I’d like to have a couple of different suburbs to look at, considering the incredibly low inventory at the moment. But if I’m being honest, HR doesn’t seem all that appealing to me, via the web anyway. But who knows, it may end up being the best option. Thanks for the input.
I live near Parker, and the inventory is non-existent. In my neighborhood as well as three adjacent ones, there is literally not one home for sale. I've never seen that before.

Besides Highlands Ranch I'd consider looking at Parker and Lone Tree. If you're only traveling to the airport twice a month taking the tollway isn't that prohibitively expensive and it's a traffic-free ride.

I also would consider a new neighborhood because at least you can more easily lock down a property and not get outbid. I can't imagine having to make an 800k house purchase in a panic mode the way buyers are doing right now.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
I’m not a HR fan either. I think it has a lot of positive thing going for it but I just don’t like the cookie cutter aspect. It’s great for many, not for all.

Western Centennial or Littleton are both nice. (80120)

A little further north but you could also look at Hampden/ Hampden South, Southmoor, University Hills, Rosedale, Platt Park and Wellshire neighborhoods of Denver. You would have a longer daily commute but it may be worth looking. Englewood is worth checking out as well.

Last edited by MissTerri; 03-01-2021 at 07:55 AM..

Old 03-01-2021, 08:55 AM

90 posts, read 126,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m not a HR fan either. I think it has a lot of positive thing going for it but I just don’t like the cookie cutter aspect. It’s great for many, not for all.

Western Centennial or Littleton are both nice. (80120)

A little further north but you could also look at Hampden/ Hampden South, Southmoor, University Hills, Rosedale, Platt Park and Wellshire neighborhoods of Denver. You would have a longer daily commute but it may be worth looking. Englewood is worth checking out as well.
Thanks so much!

Old 03-01-2021, 04:34 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,613,851 times
Not that it may matter much, but be aware that HR is not a city or town. It " is an unincorporated community and a census-designated place (CDP) located in and governed by Douglas County"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highla...ch%2C_Colorado

https://www.douglas.co.us/

Old 03-02-2021, 10:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
I believe I may have gotten a bit ahead of myself in our search for a town. So let me start over. If work is in HR but needs to fly out of DIA twice per month, what towns would be in optimal location?

Edit to add: ideal commute would be under 30 minutes and max budget for minimum 3 bed/2 bath sfh would be $800,000
If only flying 2x per month, Highlands Ranch is fine, as it provides access to E-470 which goes right close to the airport.
Littleton is an option as well.

Granted, it is a toll road, but best/easiest route, particularly during bad weather days.

If you really wanted to be closer, anywhere along that corridor would work, so SE Aurora/Centennial (zips 80015 or 80016, Parker, City of Centennial, Lone Tree... but would add to the daily commute.

They are all east of Highlands Ranch though, so less issue with sun glare in the AM/PM if commuting during “standard” hours.

Old 03-02-2021, 01:01 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,880,321 times
Unless you expect your flight times to make you have to travel during rush hour to the airport the time to get there is minimally important. You can't live really near the airport anyways, its far from almost everyone. I bought in a location that is relatively closer to the airport because I'm flying out many times a month in normal economic conditions and I'm still 20-25 minutes from the long-term parking lots I use. But going to Highlands Ranch from here in rush hour would kinda suck so I agree with the others to just ignore your airport travel time in your decision. If you drive to the airport outside of rush hour you probably won't even need to use the toll road and can save the $8/each way it costs.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:37 AM

12,823 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Twice a month? Eh, pretty much a non factor then.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:54 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
I would live where you work. The commute to the airport will not be an issue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver