Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 AM

6 posts, read 15,278 times

Advertisements

My and my family are moving there next week. We will be renting. I am so confused with all the communities surrounding Denver. We are Moving from Bakersfield, Ca. I have a job opportunity over there based out of the Park Meadows new mall as well as Stapleton and Westminster. Me and my husband are both in sales and do in home consultations, We both thrive on new home owners as well as owners renovating. I sell custom window treatments and my husband sales water treatment systems for the home. This requires us to drive alot, We want it easy to get from one side of town to the other as possible. We also would like to live in a nice side of town with Shopping nearby, Parks great schools for my 7th grader and 1st grader. For now we can afford about $1500 month. I have read and read everything I can but I know I really have to get there to judge for myself if we will like it, My husband LOVES snow and cozy fireplaces in the winter, so we are aware of the 4 seasons, Its just scary to move somewhere you have no idea to get around. We lost our home over here the economy is horrible. We are hoping bigger city may help us. Any suggessions or confidence would be much appricated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 5,427 times
I can understand this. My husband and I moved here just over 3 years ago. I left behind the only friends I had in this country, my job and a small town where everyone knew everyone, in MA.

I used Craigslist to answer group event ads and quickly met some new people, and recommend it. I suspect that having kids will also make this easier (and harder to some extent).
I live and work in the greater Boulder area. If you would like to meet for coffee or tea just to chat and get out for a while, I would be happy to meet you in Westminster.

(I am a Realtor and love the home buying/decorating business too)

Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 16,113 times
Default Welcome to Denver

Denver is a fabulous place to live. You will not regret it! For the most part people are friendly. It has to do with what neighborhood you are in though! :-) Lone Tree is a beautiful part of Denver. Here is a link for you to get some info on Lone Tree. City of Lone Tree, Colorado - Official Website
Westminster is a great location as well. I am more familiar with this area since this is where I spend most of my time. It is close to lots of shopping and amenities. City of Westminster, Colorado. They offer homes in many different price ranges. Buying a home in Denver and the surrounding areas right now is a great buy. I know you said you will be renting until you find the right home. That is a good move. You need to get to know some specific neighborhoods before you move into them especially since you have little ones. Let's us know if you have any specific questions. Good Luck with your move.

Last edited by suzco; 05-08-2008 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: advertising removed

Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I would say first of all, buy a map or look at a map online and get an idea where these places are that you will be working. It is a quite spread out area from Westy to Park Meadows. Then, look at the index of threads here on the foum. You will find a wealth of information about all these places. You will then have some idea of how to narrow it down a bit. Do not worry about schools, they are all "very good" to "great" in all the areas you referenced. You could find a pretty nice place considering your budget.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Welcome to CO! We moved here from Fresno a year ago and love it!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM

6 posts, read 15,278 times
Default It didn't work out

After staying there a month we decided to move back to vegas which we lived in 03 - of course its the worst time of year here like 115 - and nothing like the beautiful colorado spings - but we just couldnt get settled there or get our jobs started. and it was just as expensive to live there but there are alot more job opportunites as well as entertainment here in vegas. so we will see what happens next - I wanna cry

Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Sorry it didn't work out. Thanks for letting us know. So many times we hear from people who want to relocate, but never hear from them again. Best of luck to you!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:50 AM

182 posts, read 668,505 times
I am sorry it didn't work out for you here in Colorado. I hope that Las Vegas will be a happy home for you.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM

4 posts, read 9,131 times
hi dallice, i read your response to a post and saw that you were into the home buying-selling/home decorating business. I'm moving to Denver in 2-3 months and was wondering if you could give me any advice on how to go about finding a decorating job, any advice would be appreciated, as I don't know anyone in the area. THANK YOU!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver