Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 PM

380 posts, read 1,225,446 times

Advertisements

Eight is a great number!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 10:28 PM

38 posts, read 135,559 times
Can you add two more possibly to the list? My husband and I will be in town to househunt for the week and will hopefully have something to celebrate! We DO btw have jobs when we move here this summer...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM

380 posts, read 1,225,446 times
Nice. Ten is a much better number.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 AM

3,970 posts, read 7,668,769 times
Hey guys, I got invited to go to Chicago for the weekend, so I'm not going to make it to Happy Hour, I'm bummed cuz I wanted to meet you guys, I'll try for the next one!!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:55 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,071,225 times
You will be missed SportsFanGal, maybe next time. Have a great time in Chicago and if you go for drinks at the new Trump Hotel, be ready for $15.00 and up per drink. Better to pay that at the John Hanncock and get a view from the 96 floor for free! I was there is November and froze my ear tips off, but what a cool city.

So we are a few days away and the head count is at 9, correct? I am thinking we should meet in the lobby beneth the Bill Starke bronze statues. You can't miss them as they are of several guys scaling the wall and below are sofas to sit at. There is a specific bank of elevators in the Hyatt to get to the bar, so meeting in the lobby will help prevent first timers from getting lost.

Parking on the street will be the cheapest as the hotel will charge $7.00. If you want to park inside, I recommend the Park Central building as it is $5.00 after 5:00. It is across the 16th Mall from the Tabor Center (ESPN Zone/Corner Bakery).

Also, the food is appetizer in orientation, so you may want to eat something prior or you will end up sobering up over dinner with WantToStay.

Looking forward to meeting fellow City-Data forumers!

Denver Aztec

Hyatt Regency Denver
650 15th Street,
Denver, Colorado, USA 80202
Tel: +1 303 436 1234
Downtown Denver Hotels Reservations & Colorado Luxury Lodgings - Hyatt Regency Denver

Denver Restaurants, Downtown Dining, Lounges, Bars & Area Nightlife - Hyatt Regency

Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,315,870 times
Is this Happy Hour event "open to the public?"

We will be visiting Denver in March and we were thinking about dropping in to meet some of the people who have been so helpful to us with information regarding our pending move there.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:23 PM

Yes, we welcome anyone to hang with us for Happy Hour. We have all met each other through City-Data posting and WantsToStay started the meetings due to folks complaining how difficult it is to meet folks in Denver. Of course those complainers never show up to meet us, so we think it was just them with the issues.

When in March will you be here? We could plan a Happy Hour around your visit!

Old 02-18-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Yes, we welcome anyone to hang with us for Happy Hour. We have all met each other through City-Data posting and WantsToStay started the meetings due to folks complaining how difficult it is to meet folks in Denver. Of course those complainers never show up to meet us, so we think it was just them with the issues.

When in March will you be here? We could plan a Happy Hour around your visit!

We are arriving late (midnight) March 13th. Leaving on the 17th. We are staying at the Crown downtown, so anyplace in Metro Denver works for us. I think my wife made plans for dinner Sunday night, but Saturday or Monday works. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet!

Old 02-18-2009, 12:48 PM

The Crown is a block and 1/2 away from the 16th Mall, which has a free shuttle that runs the length of downtown, so you will find downtown very user friendly. Happy Hour doesn't always mean after 5:00 for the City-Data group. We can meet for a breakfast or lunch as well if your plans change and you want to do something Saturday night. The Denver Center for Performing Arts is literally a stones throw away from the Crown, both on 14th and about 2-3 blocks away from each other.

As the date of your visit gets closer, please keep a watch on the Happy Hour plans for March and remind us of your visit. Additionally, if you have plans to check out a specific neighborhood, we can plan a Happy Hour in that area so you can get a real good feeling of the place, and we can all try something new.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:20 PM

Thanks DenverAztec. I'll follow the thread and let you know if there are any changes on my end. Take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver