Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 01:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshanley View Post
Does anyone recall a children's store near 44th and Wadsworth called Babyland? I remember a Stride -Rite store next to it.
Okay, it was the 1960s....

anyone got a clue on this location....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,726 times
Default The Scotchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeDenver View Post
Does anyone remember the name of a drive-through resturant on Wadsworth between 38th and 44th that was a hangout for teens? It was on the west side of the street.
The Frosted Scotchman. A favorite hangout for many years.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:59 PM

36 posts, read 87,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhais1 View Post
I remember it had one of the best audio departments in the area.

I bought the speakers for my first "real" stereo at Woolco, but it was the one at Jewell and Wadsworth. One pair of Kenwood speakers, $99. I got the rest of my stereo components (Dual and Kenwood) at LaBelle's at 6th and Wadsworth.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconnett View Post
and Peaches records at Downing and Evans (now a bank too), also open til 11...we didn't think the world could get much more hip!

That Peaches store was outstanding. It used to be some kind of grocery store, and to have a record store that big was unbelievable. I used to spend a lot of time there just browsing. Plus they stocked a lot of stuff that was kind of obscure, hard to find anywhere else. I still have some records with the shrinkwrap on them and the big round orange Peaches price tag, "Peachy price, $3.98"

There used to be another record store I liked, can't remember the name of it, but it was near the Holly South restaurant across from Cinderella City. It was good for hard to find stuff also but it was pretty small. The record store's gone but the Holly South is still there, now it's called "The South" but they still serve the trademark Tacorito, though they now call it a Quesorito.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:38 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
For fans of the cult movie classic "Vanishing Point" (the original, not the remake) as well as some classic landmarks of Denver, here is an interesting post of someone doing to research in the scenes filmed in Denver during the opening sequences of the movie, set back in 1970.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum...-denver.11893/

Old 05-30-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
For fans of the cult movie classic "Vanishing Point" (the original, not the remake) as well as some classic landmarks of Denver, here is an interesting post of someone doing to research in the scenes filmed in Denver during the opening sequences of the movie, set back in 1970.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum...-denver.11893/

Interesting. I don't remember hims dropping off/picking up a car (it's been a long time since I saw the movie), but I remember Denver newscaster Bob Palmer of Channel 7 KLZ was in the movie.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:24 AM

3 posts, read 5,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude fawley View Post
That Peaches store was outstanding. It used to be some kind of grocery store, and to have a record store that big was unbelievable. I used to spend a lot of time there just browsing. Plus they stocked a lot of stuff that was kind of obscure, hard to find anywhere else. I still have some records with the shrinkwrap on them and the big round orange Peaches price tag, "Peachy price, $3.98"

There used to be another record store I liked, can't remember the name of it, but it was near the Holly South restaurant across from Cinderella City. It was good for hard to find stuff also but it was pretty small. The record store's gone but the Holly South is still there, now it's called "The South" but they still serve the trademark Tacorito, though they now call it a Quesorito.
OH my God, I used to work at the Holly West a long time ago and I've been craving a tacorito for decades--I'm definitely going to go try out the South soon. Thanks!!!

Old 07-28-2018, 01:31 AM

3 posts, read 5,838 times
Default Bars in old Denver

I'm so glad I stumbled across this board! I wonder if anyone remembers an old disco we used to go and dance at--it was called The Disconnection I'm pretty sure...Used to go for "Drowned Nights," --$7 0r $8 at the door and all the 3.2 beer you could drink....I live near where I think it was--somewhere on Leetsdale in Glendale? (Also use to hang out at the "Score-Minus-2," (obviously an 18 bar)....

Old 07-28-2018, 07:49 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poultran View Post
OH my God, I used to work at the Holly West a long time ago and I've been craving a tacorito for decades--I'm definitely going to go try out the South soon. Thanks!!!

I was in the Holly West just once, but was good like all the others. The one I frequented the most was the Holly South as I lived close to it. Twice a week I had a toddy or two, and once every ten days for dinner. It's always a pleasure to talk to owner Jerry Sturm, former Denver Bronco from their earliest days in the 1960's. Super great guy! He told me quite a few cool stories. I've lived on the western slope for the past 24 years, but come into Denver monthly. I'm overdue for one of those tacoritos!

Old 08-04-2018, 07:55 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,631,909 times
Not really part of the 60s or 70s, but this place may ring a bell for some people who lived in Denver during the early 2000s. Off Evans and Monaco.

Japanese Restaurant Sushi Yokozuna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver