U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 03:24 PM

8 posts, read 7,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john robel View Post
Yeah... Those were the great years of wrestling. When I moved to Florida the above people were unknown to the area Rick Flair was the champ as I recall. I sure do miss the Denver area. I hope to return one day if not just to visit. I looked up an old friend who is still there recently.
So much has changed...and not for the better. Just be prepared to find a lot of things very different, especially including the downtown area. Oh, and of course Aurora. It used to be a sleepy little suburb but is not that any more.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude fawley View Post
There was Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon, I remember they were supposed to be from Argentina but they were actually from Quebec. And there was Vern Gagne, the Crusher, Doctor X, and some guy named Kenny something who always got beat.
The Crusher and the Bruiser were supposed to be brothers, or cousins, I can't remember now. My dad loved All Star Wrestling and I thought it was ridiculous and fake and I always tried to make him see how stupid it was. He still watched and enjoyed it. I remember how they used to go and pick up a folding chair and toss it into the other guy's head and get lots of blood flowing. What a joke.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:40 PM

10 posts, read 15,028 times
Here's a funny one. My youngest son is a freshman this year at the University of Denver. Early in the fall quarter he was talking to his mother and I and mentioned that from his dorm room, he can see a giant cross on the mountain west of the city. Growing up in Lakewood, I could see the Mt. Lindo cross from my bedroom window. I had to laugh, to me, it was just something that has always been there. For my son, it was entirely a new thing.

Last edited by West Side Boy; 12-29-2020 at 02:51 PM..

Old 12-29-2020, 02:42 PM

10 posts, read 15,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
I really miss Denver. I know what you mean, I've lost so many dear relatives and friends from Denver. Still, I would love to move back, at least closer, there is still lots to see and do, there. Botanic gardens, for one.

So sorry about your loss. This pandemic, and now the protests. The protests, I can definitely understand. The destruction and looting is way over the top. (Speaking of bad cops, anyone remember Buster?)

Take care and stay safe out there in the world. Great that there are more responsible people, than spoiled brats, taking advantage of this horrific situation.
Buster Snyder, who can forget?

Old 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM

23,240 posts, read 42,499,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Side Boy View Post
Buster Snyder, who can forget?
IIRC there are some postings in this thread, or in the Denver forum, mentioning that character. Use our search tool to find them.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:27 PM

7 posts, read 1,785 times
The Scotchman was always on the agenda during the weekends after the races were done at Englewood on Saturday nights and Lakeside on Sunday nights. Also... How many folks out there went to Malibu Grand Prix and took a few laps and played some of the video games??? I spent the better part of week nights getting my speed fix to the tune of over 6000 laps during the time the place existed. Any other race fans out there with some great memories??

Old 02-03-2021, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 548 times
Default Restaurant in the past in Denver

Anyone remember a restaurant in Denver that served a glass of tomato juice when you sat down?

Old 02-08-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperow View Post
Anyone remember a restaurant in Denver that served a glass of tomato juice when you sat down?
I have a dim memory of that but no idea where/the name of the restaurant.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hess View Post
I saw many Barry Fey shows at the Denver Coliseum, like Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Santana, etc., when I was still sober. Tickets were like $4.50
Would you be willing to share any memories of these shows? I'd be particularly interested in hearing your Led Zeppelin memories!

Old 02-15-2021, 07:41 AM

3,729 posts, read 3,022,264 times
Barry Fey wrote a book called "Backstage Past". Definitely worth a read if you are interested in Denver's concert past.

A lot of people have forgotten that Denver, in general, and Caribou Ranch, in particular, where heavily involved in the music scene of the '70s. Nearly any pop icon of the era had recorded there at one time or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver