Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,682 times

Advertisements

I remember it too. But where exactly was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
It seems like it was on Colorado Blvd. The cross street was either Cherry Creek drive or the area around Yale.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverbarb View Post
I remember it too. But where exactly was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
It seems like it was on Colorado Blvd. The cross street was either Cherry Creek drive or the area around Yale.
The Yum Yum Tree was on Colorado Blvd, just north of Cherry Creek Drive.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 PM

25 posts, read 295,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longmemory View Post
Ah the Pub. Was there many times in 77 and 78.Montview and Clinton. Before it was the Pub I think it was called the Clinton St. Electric Company. Where on Havana was FanFair?

The Z-bar is gone. Was on Colfax between Havana and Ironton Streets. Went in there once after I turned 21, was too young by half, the place was full of old timers.

Your thinking of the Wishbone. Was at 84th and Huron. Now at 97th and Federal. Denver Drumstick up North was at 74th and Federal, now a Micky-D's

Kevin are you thinking of the time the big wind storm took down most of the TV towers on Lookout Mtn.? All we had to watch was channel 6 till the towers were replaced.

Supershops was Thom Mccann and Goodwill was HomesteadHouse.
How bout Mander's Pizzaria?

I have a long memory but not always a good one, Ha! Supershops at 70th and Federal was a KINNEY SHOES. My shoe loving wife corrected me on that.

Sorry, had not been back here in a while.

Big wind storm took out towers? Hmmmm, could that be it? When did that happen? Where we were living this would have to have been sometime between very late 1964 and early 1968. I don't remember it being only one channel, could have been. All I remember was that none of the programming matched what should have been on, and there was alot of that "filler" type stuff they used to have. Remember what I mean, short films they would use say, if the football game went overtime and they had a 20 minute spot, not enough to run the original program on. That kind of filler is what is was like all day. For a young kid that loved his afternoon cartoons and evening programs, it was terrible!

Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM

Default Littleton Walgreens

Does anyone remember when that Walgreens--and maybe others--had a little restaurant inside? It was seperated from the rest of the store with those chrome rounded fencing poles and a mini-electric gate (with the black pad you stepped on). I can still hear the sound of that electric gate. They did that so that shoppers weren't walking through where you were eating. If memory serves me, they served things like open faced turkey sandwiches with gravy, that sort of thing, and they may have had a daily entree special.

I remember we used to go there occasionally on a Sunday early evening for dinner.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:34 PM

Default While I am thinking of Denver

My dad worked for NCR, and his customer base were banks as well as small to medium sized retail chains.

One of his good clients, and I don't remember the name, was a carpet store or chain of stores. My sisters and I went with my parents when they picked out carpet for our new house (my dad always like to frequent his customer's establishments). This would have been around 1968. I remember this place to be monstrous. They had so many carpet rolls, there were piled up against the wall like mighty staircases. My sister and I spent the afternoon climbing all over these carpet mountains. The biggest one stacked up 3/4 if not more of the wall to the ceiling, and you were WAY up there! Then we rolled or slid, the best we could all the way back down.

Could you imagine doing that now? No one would ever let a kid do that. Now I think of it, I wonder why we even thought it was ok back then to do it? We were pretty mellow, "non-running around" kids. Maybe the owner told my dad it was ok.

But it sure was fun.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 PM

111 posts, read 258,003 times
Damnit,I just read the first bit of the first post on here in the little popup that happens when you mouse over a thread on this forum.

Now I want a Jim's Burger Haven Burger so bad.. mmmm But I'm in Pittsburgh I guess it's Five Guys for dinner tonight.. Not the same though..

Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM

15 posts, read 82,279 times
Are any of you old enough to remember a 3.2 place called The Exodus (downstairs was the Catacombs) Sonny and Cher played there before they were famous. It was near ST Lukes Hospital where I went to Nursing School 1960-62. Another 3.2 place was called the Fireside. A nice 3.2 place to meet guys. I know, I should have been studying.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 AM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
The Exodus?? OH YEA!! In the mid 60's that was where a LOT of people went. In its heyday I was still a tad underaged, though!

But Denver had some other great clubs back in the day; the Psychiatrist on 2nd and Detroit, the Galaxy on west Alameda,La Pichet on west Mississippi, Mr. Lucky's in Glendale, but the Draught House was my favorite. It was on 88th and Washington in Thornton. One of my favorite concerts I attended was there, and it wasn't a place known for that. Sugarloaf had just issued their second lp, called Spaceship Earth. What a show THAT was! Place was beyond crowded. Wednesday night was drown night-all the 3.2 beer you could drink for $3. Ah, to be young, 20, and stupid! I qualify on the 3rd!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-02-2009 at 05:54 PM..

Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM

687 posts, read 2,951,145 times
There was some place at Cherry Creek, a little bar with a automotive theme.....mag wheels with glass tops for tables, checkered flags...all the usual "lets do auto" style.....and we geek gearheads sitting around staring at each other and the girls we wouldn't be seen with, and I'm sure they're thinking the same. Went couple of times, decided I'd take my chances with buddies kid sister instead.
What was the name of the 3.2 bar in Evergreen, right on the main(only at that time)drag?
Can't believe this thread is still on the first page! lots of oldsters like me, eh?

And how is Pittsburgh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver