Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times

Advertisements

The stock show at the Denver Coliseum.

Oh Lazearem in the planetarium.

Went to the Stock Show every year..Had a blast.. Except it was freaking cold!!!!!!

Man, I remember Laserium..Wish it was still around.. That one Led Zeppelin song keeps triggering my memory when I hear it.....

I was a cab driver in the 70's. I picked up three teenage boys at a house near the Red Barn resturant at 4501 Harlan near Lakeside shopping. They had gone on a "speed" induced crime spree. They had shot and mortally wounded the night manager at the Red Barn and stuffed him in the cooler to die. Turns out they had gone to school with him. A fast thinking offduty Jeffco Sheriff deputy saved my life.

I remember that.... U R very lucky.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 12:43 AM

11 posts, read 93,855 times
Default Hungry Farmer

Hungry Farmer was on the northwest corner of Wadsworth and Alameda - it is now an Olive Garden

Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 AM

Ebbets Field - great progressive rock bands - Strawbs, Gentle Giant, Renaissance, PFM, Camel, Caravan, struggling to remember others. And remember GTR at the Rainbow on Evans and Monaco?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:49 AM

Remember when Starr Yelland (weather guy) had a son that was killed on the roller coaster at Elitch's? He stood up and fell out or something?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 AM

Anyone remember the Broncos playing at DU?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:53 AM

"There's a compass drive-in right near you
With 2 big features - count 'em, too
delicious food for all the family
(kids under 12 are free!)
Tonight a compass drive-in is the place to be!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:11 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Good morning Johnny! Yep, I went to a few of those Bronco games at DU stadium. As you know, the Broncos had to wait a little bit for baseball season to be over until they could come in and start the season. All the exhibition games in the early to mid 60's were at DU stadium, and a few regular season ones as well (opening regular season games that is). One that sticks out was the Bronco/Lion game in 1967. It was the first game with an AFL team playing and NFL team as the two leagues agreed to a merger the year before.. Lion player Alex Karras was quoted as saying "If the Denver Broncos beat us I'll walk back to Detroit." In the third quarter Karras got kicked out of the game for fighting. Final score-Broncos 13, Lions 7.

Later in the preseason Denver beat the Minnesota Vikings 14-9. Too bad the broncos couldn't have played all their games at DU stadium that year. It was Lou Saban's first year as coach, and needless to say his tenure in Denver is still talked about, both good and bad, among the old line Bronco fans.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Barracho View Post
Ebbets Field - great progressive rock bands - Strawbs, Gentle Giant, Renaissance, PFM, Camel, Caravan, struggling to remember others. And remember GTR at the Rainbow on Evans and Monaco?
Been a while since this great concert venue was discussed. Yep, I saw a few of those bands and several others. Rainbow Hall as well. I don't know how many times I would go to a concert there and then walk over to the Holly Inn to get a late night dinner.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Barracho View Post
Hungry Farmer was on the northwest corner of Wadsworth and Alameda - it is now an Olive Garden
My memory is that the northwest corner was the location of the Tally Ho Restaurant. This was a place where they had many senior prom parties. The Hungry Farmer was a few blocks east of Wadsworth on the north side, across from Villa Italia. Am I right or wrong?? My memory is many times wrong but I do remember these places because I ate at the Hungry Farmer and I went to a party at the Tally Ho...ah...I think...perhaps...maybe...ahh...

Old 06-18-2011, 05:04 PM

VegasPilgrim is right. That was the old Tally Ho. A restaurant that was kind of a couple steps up was just four blocks down the street from there called the Jefferson 440.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver