Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 01:14 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,937,272 times

Advertisements

Yeah, had to throw people out a few times.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 02:18 PM

6 posts, read 44,067 times
Some concerts I attended in and around Denver:

Nazareth, Slade, Ian Gillan Band, Denver Coliseum,
ZZ Top, Outlaws, (Blue Oyster Cult last minute cancel)
Black Sabbath, Heart, Boston, McNichols, Halloween (Blinky was the judge of the costume contest.)

Kiss, early 1977, McNichols (kinda embarrassed to admit this.)
Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Bob Seger, Folsom Field,
UFO, Rainbow Music Hall (I don't remember when it was.)
Ted Nugent, Nazareth, McNichols, Halloween

The Rolling Stones, Kansas, Eddie Money, Peter Tosh, Folsom Field (Peter Tosh was getting booed, and I felt embarrassed.)
Aerosmith, McNichols (they were in bad form.)

Doobie Brothers, Boston, Bob Welch, Folsom Field
Ted Nugent, Heart, the Cars, UFO and the Rockets, Mile High Stadium
Jethro Tull, McNichols, Halloween
Bruce Cockburn, Rainbow Music Hall

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Jan or Feb, Denver University
Fleetwood Mac, McNichols, Halloween

1980 / 1981 (sort of a blur)
The Who, McNichols
ZZ Top, McNichols
Rush, McNichols
Bob Seger, McNichols
America and Firefall, Red Rocks
Robin Trower (Some theater on Colfax)
Steve Miller (Some theater on Colfax)

Billy Joel, McNichols

There were certainly more. I also attended many shows at the State Fair as I grew up in Pueblo:
Roy Clark, Johnny Cash, Tony Orlando, Juice Newton, America, Firefall, Three Dog Night, Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass, Jim Stafford, Freddy Fender, etc.

Last edited by AstroZon; 08-28-2013 at 02:26 PM..

Old 08-30-2013, 12:00 AM

6 posts, read 44,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midsis64 View Post
Does anyone remember a band that played at Mr. Lucky's in Glendale, Colorado during the early 1980's called Survivor? They always played David Bowie's Space Oddity. I believe this was the name of the band. Trying to remember some of the bands that played this club during this time period. The Offenders are the band I remember the most vividly.
Excellent band! I saw them at Mr. Lucky's as well - maybe 2 or 3 times. They were a post-punk, new wave trio that played hard and fast, and they were so energized! They'd do a version of Over, Under, Sideways, Down (Yardbirds) that just rocked. But everything they played was dancable.

I've tried to find out info on them, but there are too many bands of the same name. I seem to remember that they were from LA (but I may be wrong.)

Well, if anyone has any info, please post. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 AM

3 posts, read 12,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cher&cindy View Post
The "Happy Cat"
"Buster" Snider was the cop to avoid cruising 16th

Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterfatcat1 View Post
Does anyone remember Lingo the Drifter from the '50's? He was a folksinger, had a radio program and taught a CU extension class in Folk Songs of Protest. He wore buckskins. Bought a mountain near Denver and built a home there. Researched brain chemistry.
I remember Lingo...I think Colorado Mountain College was on his mountain...

Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,604,049 times
Does anyone remember the old C&G (Crimson and Gold) bar on Buchtel Boulevard? Cheap pitchers of beer - barmaid named Rita who ruled the place? This would have been in the mid 1960's, though it appears there's a new bar by the same name now at University and Evans. How about Scotti's Pizza and Steakhouse also near DU. You could get a great sirloin steak dinner for something like $2.99 and a filet for only a dollar or so more. Back then, there were numerous small steakhouses all over town, can't remember their name but I think they were numbered #1, #2, #3, etc. Anyone remember those?

I've gotten a kick out of ths thread. I've read lots of the posts to my husband (one of those Colorado natives) who remembers so many of the places mentioned. Thanks for the memories!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcopRon View Post
Does anyone recall the name of the great restaurant that sat just off the runway off the old Stapleton airport? One could watch the jets as they landed. I remember the curved road on the east side of the land. You could park along the fence and see them landing directly over you. Used to be a police sgt. who loved to patrol along that back fence area, park his patrol cruiser, and walk trying to catch couples doing the 'wild" thing in their cars. He got 'off' doing it. Same Sgt was a training officer in west Denver and got caught coming out of an adult arcade WITH his rookie. Story and pic made the papers. He got into trouble for that one, finally
Sky Chef

Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM

58 posts, read 308,974 times
Sky Chef was inside the airport...grand piano and birthdays celebrated with a cake with sparklers.
94th Aero Squadron was along the east-west runway furthest south and was a good place to watch planes landing.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM

58 posts, read 308,974 times
Havana was where you could park and watch planes landing towards the west...those were the days!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyplayer View Post
"Buster" Snider was the cop to avoid cruising 16th
What happened to old "Buster," he was so mean................where is he now?????? I saw the results of one of his beatings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver