Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 AM

17 posts, read 52,046 times

Advertisements

The Pinery in Parker is a good area. Also checkout The Meadows or Crystal Valley in Castle Rock...you can obtain almost brand new homes in that price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 AM

11,815 posts, read 34,303,497 times
What does your daughter like to do? Sports, cheer, drama, music, academics?

Maybe finding a high school she'd fit into well will help narrow your choices.

My SO works near the airport - we live in HR on the east side of Broadway 12.7 miles - 20-25 minutes commute time.

There's Cherry Creek HS to consider - probably the largest in the area. One or two others proximity wise in the CCSD.
There are DougCo schools in HR, Parker...

What are you looking for? What is important? Are you renting or buying? What would be ideal?

Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 AM

5 posts, read 9,669 times
Looking at a job offer. If I accept it...if...I would be working at Centennial Airport. Not fond of the "jammed together subdivisons" I'm seeing on the internet (with all of the space out there, why are the builders doing that?). Would like a nice High School (doesn't have to be huge, just good quality). We would buy...but maybe rent first to get a feel for the area...of course if we rented, we be stuck to buy in that area because of my daughter going to High School. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,987 times
I too would like to know about Ponderosa High School and Chaparral HS. We are getting ready to move in a month or so. I am going out this weekend in hopes of buying a house, and would like to make sure I buy in an area that will feed the schools I want. My kids are in 2nd and 6th grade. I see that Sierra Middle School feeds Chaparral and that Sagewood feeds Ponderosa. Since we are right at that middle school age for my son, it is important we find the right area for us. Does anyone know about those two HS's and middle schools? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

We don't know the area there at all. We have been to Castle Rock and intended to move there, had a builder all picked out in the Crystal Valley Ranch area....but then looked at the schools and did not like them very much. While you can't base everything on test scores, when you are coming from another state, test scores are one of the only things you have. So, we decided on Parker because the schools looked much better. But now, where in Parker? That is our question. I am meeting with a realtor out there this weekend and hope that he can give us some good advice. We are looking to spend around the 250,000 to 275,000 range.

Any ideas? Thanks so much. I am so glad I found this forum because the idea of moving has been very traumatic for me. Any info I can get ahead of time will help a lot.

Di

Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,702,354 times
pinery glen fits your price range and some will be below that(speaking of 4-6months ago and the ones below 230k or so definitely needed work)

Old 08-29-2008, 11:28 AM

6 posts, read 17,822 times
Default Settled in

Haven't posted in awhile, just browse, surprised to see this thread brought back to the front. Sharing some observations/thoughts on Parker, now that we have relocated here and are settled in. We ended up in Stonegate, which is a big subdivision, several sections, in Parker. I LOVE Parker. Coming from the midwest I was used to driving 15-20 min to get most places, here I can hop on my bike to go pick up something at the grocery, walk to parks and food, hop on major bike trails, and if I need to drive to shop, it's close. THis side of Parker is close to I-25/470 w/o it being in your face. We walk to our kid's schools, which are excellent and I am really excited about. It's a great, family oriented place to live.

As for singles...there are condos and apartments strewn here and there and they seem nicely kept. Our neighborhood has some diversity in who lives here, younger thru older. People are nice and the areas are well cared for.

I am new here and don't know anything about other burbs yet. But from having to choose w/o knowing much about ANY of the burbs, I am really pleased with our choice in Parker.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,987 times
Can I ask....what schools did you pick? Mine are in 2nd and 6th grade. We have looked online a lot and have done a lot of research, but hearing from someone there would be really nice too! Thanks! Di
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver