Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 AM

152 posts, read 617,978 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for people's opinions about a very specific area. It's between 20th ave and 28th ave roughly and from Youngfield to Kipling. It seemed like a very nice cute older neighborhood. Lots of greenery. What city is this? Does the area have a name? Anyone know where I'm talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,407,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysalsa View Post
I'm looking for people's opinions about a very specific area. It's between 20th ave and 28th ave roughly and from Youngfield to Kipling. It seemed like a very nice cute older neighborhood. Lots of greenery. What city is this? Does the area have a name? Anyone know where I'm talking about?
This area is totally within Lakewood but right on the border with Wheat Ridge. It is part of my favorite area, Applewood, which includes parts of Lakewood and Wheat Ridge on Youngfield. I have written much on Applewood. Just search my posts, so I do not have to repeat myself. Interesting that you would ask for an area to 28th, I would not consider that a main street in this area and I would consider to 32nd. as an area of similiar interest.

I have been to the area often and for years my favorite destination was the Main Jefferson County Library on 20th. However, today there are more branches but it is large and has been remodeled.

This area is certainly a nice area of upscale homes built during the 1960s with more exquisite homes toward Youngfield. There have been many inbuilt developments over the years. It has mainly residents who have are Colorado born or long term because they know the value of this great area.

One of the newest recreation center is the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center on Kipling along the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt. The green belt is on my favorite and the most lush and wooded areas in the urban area.

Most people do their shopping on Youngfield in the Applewood Center and on West Colfax, near Youngfield which has the large stores. There is an interesting store on West 26th and Kipling, Gold's grocery. Try it; it is one of the few independent markets left in the area.

The area has many nice looking churches, as an atheist, I always notice the churches and I have been to many weddings, baptisms, services, events etc.---an atheist always get good invites because there are always someone trying to change my belief---it doesn't bother me, as long as they have good food, and the people are the nicest and the best.

Let see what else.....mmm..... I always meet many people who live here who work in the Federal Center, down on Kipling--nice easy commute. The largest hospital is Lutheran on West 38th--and that is another great street with nice homes. It has good bus service in the area with the main streets, 20th, 32nd, 38th and Kipling well served, with a bus transfer location at 38th and Youngfield, in front of Walmart.

I like the area because you can easily get to all areas through quiet side streets, with good access to Golden and the Parks along the foothills. It is not an area that draws people from other areas for working or shopping---it is mostly a quiet residential area. Nor it is a area where heavy traffic crosses, with the exception of Kipling. What is really nice about this area is that it is not a destination for people seeking the new bars because there are none; it is not an area that draws the "over hormoned" youth. I would consider it a mixed area with young, old, retired and just great families who know how to
livecontent

shhh, do not tell anybody about this area---I like to keep it a secret.

Last edited by livecontent; 08-27-2008 at 08:30 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,084,542 times
I too have always loved Applewood! Great location!!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 PM

152 posts, read 617,978 times
Don't worry, I'll keep it between the 3 of us and well... a million other people who look at this site That area had a really good vibe to it. It just seemed like a peaceful place to live and I was drawn to it. When we're ready to move I may have to look a little more into that area. Thanks for the post! I was begining to think no one had an opinion about the area, which was somewhat good and bad.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:02 AM

4 posts, read 21,555 times
Default applewood real estate

Hello Folk,
Husband is looking at a job in Golden and I am exploring area real estate and schools. I have heard a bit about Applewood and am intrigued. However, I can't seem to find much about it on real estate web sites. Anyone have a suggestion on where to look? Is it an "area" or an actual town? Also, I have heard that homes are a bit more expensive there--what exactly does that mean? A $300,000 house means a lot of different things to different people. Could I find a nice 4-5 bedroom with a nice yard and kitchen in that area for between 350-450?
Lastly, how do I find info on elementary schools there? District?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,407,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom3 View Post
Hello Folk,
Husband is looking at a job in Golden and I am exploring area real estate and schools. I have heard a bit about Applewood and am intrigued. However, I can't seem to find much about it on real estate web sites. Anyone have a suggestion on where to look? Is it an "area" or an actual town? Also, I have heard that homes are a bit more expensive there--what exactly does that mean? A $300,000 house means a lot of different things to different people. Could I find a nice 4-5 bedroom with a nice yard and kitchen in that area for between 350-450?
Lastly, how do I find info on elementary schools there? District?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!
Applewood is not a town; it is an area in the western suburbs of Denver that includes parts of Golden, Lakewood, and Wheat Ridge.

I have written much about my impressions Applewood on this forum because I really like the area; search my posts. Good information that I found is at
Applewood Business Association Applewood Business Association: Serving the West Denver area

On this website, there are some maps, the map that shows more or less the boundaries of Applewood. The boundaries are not all that defined because some areas on the fringe of this map can be considered Applewood Applewood Business Association: Serving the West Denver area (http://www.applewoodbusiness.com/parks.shtml - broken link)
This shows a the parks with the links

You can find all types of homes, in different price ranges in this area. The Zip codes would be northern part of 80215, mostly Lakewood; western part of 80033, mostly Wheat Ridge; eastern part of 80401, mostly Golden.

The School System is all Jefferson County.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver