U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 AM

119 posts, read 428,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddingmom View Post
livecontent, you seem to know a lot about the area. Any nice, inexpensive place for a wedding reception? 150 people?
Check out the Shriners Hall on Willis Case Golf Course. It's on about 50th and Utica. I have no idea about their prices but I know the facility is capable of holding that many people. I was at an event there this summer. It is a pretty cool place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 12:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,172,038 times
Quote:
Yes, the area around Waterworld is depressing, even I find it oppressive. It has all the worse qualities of a suburbs.
Hey now, while it is true there is a somewhat depressing large trailer complex just north of the water park some of the stuff just to the south of 84th in that area is quite nice.

denver co - Google Maps

Globeville has some rough edges, but I ride through there on a bike frequently and have never felt unsafe.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:30 PM

5,090 posts, read 14,166,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weddingmom View Post
livecontent, you seem to know a lot about the area. Any nice, inexpensive place for a wedding reception? 150 people?
My family has had a medical crisis and I have not been paying attention to this web. I really cannot help. Just forget about the big event; get married simply and if you are together after 10 years, then celebrate. Just my take on failed marriages and multiple marriages--if you survive long enough, you deserve a gift.

I know it sounds mean, but I have cooked and catered for scores of marriages and I just do not think the expense is worth the event.

Livecontent

Old 11-28-2009, 02:41 PM

5,090 posts, read 14,166,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Hey now, while it is true there is a somewhat depressing large trailer complex just north of the water park some of the stuff just to the south of 84th in that area is quite nice.

denver co - Google Maps

Globeville has some rough edges, but I ride through there on a bike frequently and have never felt unsafe.
I was actually referring to the lack of walkable neighborhoods and the sprawl associated with these type of suburbs. I have no problems with module homes; some are nice in that area. South of the area, around Shaw Heights, is not so bad but needs some good retail walkable development.

I do not like Water World, a public project of the Highland Hills Recreation District which I am a part; I pay on my property tax. I think it goes to the extreme for a public tax entity. It sucks up too much tax money and I think the funds can be better served by redistributing projects better throughout the district.

Globeville, I like because it reminds me where I grew up. It has some character especially the Polish Catholic Church in the area. It is not a dangerous area, as I have been there many times and never had a problem. Unfortunately when they built the Valley Highway (I-25) and I-70, it isolated this good ethnic section of the city.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver