Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:32 PM

5 posts, read 22,239 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to the Denver area after a lifetime of New England. Some people have stated that despite the beautiful mountains, Denver and it's suburbs are nothing like the rolling hills and trees found here. What would be a nice area to go to? Looking to rent first then consider a purchase. I enjoy all outdoor activities and will actively pursue new ones once out there.

I would like to be near the foothills, yet my job requires frequent travel from DIA. Love bedroom communities with family feel, yet want the nice coffee house, jazz bar, relaxed feel. Somewhat spoiled. I guess I would love Aspen ior Breckenridge in Denver.

Thoughts????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds495 View Post
I don't see Westminster, Wheat Ridge on the map. Where would it be located? Are these sep cities?

Thanks for the help.
Yes, they are separate cities. Westminster is northwest of Denver; Wheat Ridge is straight west, starts around 32nd Ave, maybe? Westminster Mall is at 88th Ave. and Sheridan Blvd. That should give you a start. Use your map key.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 PM

108 posts, read 339,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering the West View Post
I am looking to move to the Denver area after a lifetime of New England. Some people have stated that despite the beautiful mountains, Denver and it's suburbs are nothing like the rolling hills and trees found here. What would be a nice area to go to? Looking to rent first then consider a purchase. I enjoy all outdoor activities and will actively pursue new ones once out there.

I would like to be near the foothills, yet my job requires frequent travel from DIA. Love bedroom communities with family feel, yet want the nice coffee house, jazz bar, relaxed feel. Somewhat spoiled. I guess I would love Aspen ior Breckenridge in Denver.

Thoughts????
Would suggest Boulder and Estes Park, west of Loveland, CO. E.P. is at gateway to Rocky Mtn National Park, and small cute town. Aspen would be far from DIA. Wheatridge, westminster and old Arvada are nice, see the mtns, on NW side of Denver. Also suggest Highlands, similar area. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 PM

195 posts, read 792,659 times
Default some of the "inner burbs" I like

I agree with a previous poster. Why not consider some of Denver's established neighborhoods? Gosh, there are so many great ones. Wash Park, Platte Park, Cheesman Park, Hale/Montclair, Highlands, Sunnyside and Berkeley (my current favorites). Hilltop is wonderful. If you are rich.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:09 AM

26 posts, read 89,484 times
Default Nothing like our mountains...jazz bar, coffee house, relaxed feel...

Quote:

Thoughts????
Have you been to Aspen? to Breckenridge? Or are you just romanticizing what you've seen?

Try Highlands Ranch. Townhouse life may be for you. Gorgeous views. Bedroom community, w/ money and status, close to DTC for that jazz bar, relaxed feel, easy enough commute to DIA (hubby does it) via C470 (toll) or I-225 to I-70. Great shopping at Park Meadows, Colorado's only "Resort Mall," or so they call it. Grand Lux Cafe there, gorgeous, jazzed up comfort food is what I call it.

Or Greenwood Village if you got the bucks. They've got some really nice shopping/eating areas (comes to mind corner of Holly and University) w/ that resort feel.

Maybe check out Englewood, too, which is very close to DTC as well. Maybe even condo live in heart of DTC?

P.S. Be adventurous! Don't try to relocate New England here. It just won't work. Come here to enjoy Colorado. The State and its people have a lot to offer!

P.P.S. Yeah, the Rockies are nothing like your rolling hills and trees. Dare I say, it's so much better! It's Rocky Mountain Grandeur! I missed Minnesota's trees for about a year after I moved, and now I feel suffocated around so many trees. Wide open spaces, bluest skies you've EVER seen, GORGEOUS mountains, living High and Dry! John Denver (God rest his soul) knew it when he sung it -- Rocky Mountain High -- Colorado!

P.P.P.S. (Is there such a thing! You sound 'homesick' for New England already! Haha!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

5 posts, read 22,239 times
Default got the job

Well it's official. I will be in Englewood for a few months then out to the e. 45th ave area of Denver for work. Near the Rocky Mountain Arsenal.

I am leaning towards condo / townhome life.

Like the artsy, money, down to earth feel of Boulder but don't want the commute.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,469,517 times
Quote:
i would like to be near the foothills, yet my job requires frequent travel from dia. Love bedroom communities with family feel, yet want the nice coffee house, jazz bar, relaxed feel. Somewhat spoiled. I guess i would love aspen ior breckenridge in denver.

Thoughts????
lol

Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 PM

434 posts, read 984,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americana1st View Post
. Come here to enjoy Colorado. The State and its people have a lot to offer!

P.P.S. Yeah, the Rockies are nothing like your rolling hills and trees. Dare I say, it's so much better! It's Rocky Mountain Grandeur! I missed Minnesota's trees for about a year after I moved, and now I feel suffocated around so many trees. Wide open spaces, bluest skies you've EVER seen, GORGEOUS mountains, living High and Dry! John Denver (God rest his soul) knew it when he sung it -- Rocky Mountain High -- Colorado!

P.P.P.S. (Is there such a thing! You sound 'homesick' for New England already! Haha!
You romanticizing that pretty winter brown?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:30 PM

10 posts, read 22,278 times
Try Lakewood. There are some really nice older neighborhoods around Kipling and Union off of 6th ave and it's a really quick drive downtown on either I-70 or 6th ave

Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM

195 posts, read 792,659 times
Quote:
Well it's official. I will be in Englewood for a few months then out to the e. 45th ave area of Denver for work. Near the Rocky Mountain Arsenal.

I am leaning towards condo / townhome life.

Like the artsy, money, down to earth feel of Boulder but don't want the commute.
I think you would like the Highlands. Please check it out! Lots of unique shops and restaurants in the Tennyson area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver