Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 07:56 AM

123 posts, read 253,032 times

Advertisements

Got into Denver area yesterday and will be here for a week. Staying in Longmont, but will be looking at properties here and a bit further north.
But it's pretty quiet/slow here... where is all the activity during the day? Places to do things, maybe with some trendy neighborhoods, coffee shops, etc? Or will I have to go into actual Denver for that?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 08:59 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray_Dude View Post
Got into Denver area yesterday and will be here for a week. Staying in Longmont, but will be looking at properties here and a bit further north.
But it's pretty quiet/slow here... where is all the activity during the day? Places to do things, maybe with some trendy neighborhoods, coffee shops, etc? Or will I have to go into actual Denver for that?
Thanks.
Longmont is pretty much exurban hell. Go down 287 to Boulder, or hop on I-25 to Denver. If Longmont is too quiet and slow, you're gonna hate Johnstown, Erie, Mead, Fort Lupton, Brighton, etc.

Old 05-05-2023, 01:33 PM

1,075 posts, read 556,633 times
What's your definition of "life/activity"? Bars and clubs? If so, then you're gonna have to head towards Denver (RiNo, LoHi, Baker, Colfax) for that. You can head to Boulder, but this time of year it's going to be mostly 18-22 year olds.

Old 05-05-2023, 02:57 PM

So not night life, but just some activity... coffee shops, shopping areas that people walk around to, etc. I'm thinking of where I am currently (Orlando), there are walking areas with coffee shops, art stores, unique furniture stores, restaurants, etc. Anything like that around here?

Old 05-05-2023, 03:35 PM

1,075 posts, read 556,633 times
Quote:
So not night life, but just some activity... coffee shops, shopping areas that people walk around to, etc. I'm thinking of where I am currently (Orlando), there are walking areas with coffee shops, art stores, unique furniture stores, restaurants, etc. Anything like that around here?
You can go to the Art Walk 1st Friday tonight.

https://denversartdistrict.org/first-friday

There are a lot of shops around Cherry Creek.

Broadway Street in the Baker neighborhood has a nice stretch of shops.

The River North Art District has a lively scene, especially on the weekends.

Pearl Street Pedestrian Mall in Boulder is a nice strip to take a walk.

Old 05-05-2023, 03:50 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
I don't know where your hotel is, but Longmont has a small downtown with a main street (US-287). If you're out by I-25 you need to go west about 5-10 miles.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:39 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
Lafayette, about 15 miles south of Longmont, has a cute little downtown neighborhood along S. Public Road. Lots of coffee shops, unique stores, restaurants, etc.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Lafayette, about 15 miles south of Longmont, has a cute little downtown neighborhood along S. Public Road. Lots of coffee shops, unique stores, restaurants, etc.
Found it... yep, that's what I was looking for.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:30 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,154,072 times
People work a LOT in Colorado.

I've worked there myself and the cost of living was higher than I expected.

Downtown Denver is fun but beware of the riff raff...

Old 05-07-2023, 10:11 PM

10 posts, read 8,268 times
You're so far from Denver that Denverites don't even call it Denver.

Longmont is nice, but it's a bedroom community. It's not designed to have activity. You have to go into the city of Denver to find all of the fun stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver