Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcauds247 View Post
I had to post concerning your thoughts about moving to Houston. In my opinion I would never do it again. I have lived here for a year and a half and my husband grew up here. It's hot and humid, unbearably so, from April to November.
I had to post on this one because i think this is a tad bit exagerrated concerning the heat and humidity. I come from CO and i have to say April is one of the best months out of the year in Houston. It's warm, breezy, and the humidity is almost slim to none. The humidity really doesn't start to come until late May to middle of June, which is by no means unbearble because there is a constant breeze to cool you off. Now the times where i think Houston is unbearble is probably mid to late June through late September. Sometimes the heat can stretch to the middle of October but not that often.

I think anybody wanting to visit Houston should come down during the best and worst times of the year to see for themselves, that way they're not just buying into exagerrated claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 02:17 PM

34 posts, read 136,907 times
Thanks for everyone's opinions- I have been to Houston many times and it is always nice when I go.

We are looking at property with no HOA- no restrictions due to the animals we have.

As for openmindedness and diversity- we live in EASTERN Co and have honestly not had too many problems- but we don't look for any either.

Just trying to figure it all out- build on to our current house and stay or move to Houston and get the pool!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,136 times
I sooo totally will get blasted for this but, here goes.

I really do not think that eastern Colorado is a good comparison. I have lived in Colorado my whole life but, would never consider east. Why not pick western Kansas??

My DH and my sister were born in Texas. I have been to Houston...lots to do but, one can cut the humidity with a knife. Now it might be just 4 to 5 months a year...........too too much for me...so the other months might be quite pleasant. I moved to Florida for a year to be near my family..lived on the beach....NOT worth the bugs and humidity in my opinion!! Or the rust and mold!!YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me dry and the Majestic Mountains..It's the "bomb"!! YEP!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:00 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,261 times
No.. I'm pretty sure it's humid most of the time... and hot during the summer... and as far as breezes are concerned... what breezes?

I'll 2nd that rust problem... make sure you buy a new car every year or two (oh wait... that's exactly what they do here).

Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
No.. I'm pretty sure it's humid most of the time... and hot during the summer... and as far as breezes are concerned... what breezes?

I'll 2nd that rust problem... make sure you buy a new car every year or two (oh wait... that's exactly what they do here).

Are you talking about florida or houston because both houston and florida can get a breeze

Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,227,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
I had to post on this one because i think this is a tad bit exagerrated concerning the heat and humidity. I come from CO and i have to say April is one of the best months out of the year in Houston. It's warm, breezy, and the humidity is almost slim to none. The humidity really doesn't start to come until late May to middle of June, which is by no means unbearble because there is a constant breeze to cool you off. Now the times where i think Houston is unbearble is probably mid to late June through late September. Sometimes the heat can stretch to the middle of October but not that often.

I think anybody wanting to visit Houston should come down during the best and worst times of the year to see for themselves, that way they're not just buying into exagerrated claims.
I'd have to agree that many people do exagerrate the humidity in Houston, and humid climates in general. It seems that alot of people in Colorado are scared of humidity like it's some kind of poison in the air or something, LOL. Many of these people have likely never even lived in a humid climate. I'm not saying that it never gets uncomfortably muggy in Houston- I have been there in August and beleive me, it was MUGGY!

I just spent a week in Louisiana a couple weeks ago- it was rather hot and humid during my visit. I really noticed it for the first couple of days, but after my body adjusted, I really forgot that it was humid at all. That area truly is gorgeous- the moisture in the air supports lush, green vegetation that can't grow in Colorado. It's amazing what people can grow in their gardens- the fresh produce is abundant and delicious! The thunderstorms in that part of the country are also much more spectacular. I know that places like Houston are not for everyone, but just like anywhere else, there are positives and negatives to living in each place.

Last edited by downtownnola; 07-02-2008 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Are you talking about florida or houston because both houston and florida can get a breeze
Houston. The air doesn't move very much. It just sits there... air you can wear.

It's not all bad though... just not for me.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM

34 posts, read 136,907 times
I am used to humid- I livind in Maui for year- however there is always a breeze. I am so sick of brown- the green and lush plants really appeal to me.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
I love Houston...food comparable with Chicago
Blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:50 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegoldens View Post
I am used to humid- I livind in Maui for year- however there is always a breeze. I am so sick of brown- the green and lush plants really appeal to me.
So you like something like this?

These pictures were taken 5-4-08

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver