Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 AM

118 posts, read 444,864 times

Advertisements

In reply to Steve...........We will need to be near the airport not the Denver airport. We need to be near the the private jet airport Centennial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
Have to agree with Steve. I know some people who live out in the Keene Ranch area. All I hear from them is moaning and groaning about the cost of gassing up their behemoth SUV's.

Do you actually own horses? Or do you just want to be around them? Either way, you might look at Ken-Caryl Valley, which has a boarding facility. Schools are good, beautiful views, quick access to 470 and shopping areas, family-oriented, hiking trails, and most everybody is about your age. Houses range from the 300's into the millions.

If you want to take a look, take 470 west toward the mountains, exit at Ken-Caryl road, drive through the hogback into the ranch, then veer right. You'll see the stable on the left. If you head north past the stables, you'll be in the north ranch, where you'll probably find something that suits based on your preferences.

Centennial airport is about 30 minutes via 470 if traffic is reasonable.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 07-22-2008 at 10:05 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,422 times
Parker, Colorado. Ken Carl as suggested before.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 AM

118 posts, read 444,864 times
The horse is not a big deal..... we can live without. My daughter rides and has taken lessons for a long time. We do not own our own horse.

Im sure we can live without the horse in order to find an area that we like.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,604 times
Castle Rock to the south. Weld County to the north.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
I think you should focus on Arapahoe & Douglas Counties. I would not concern myself with the "Aurora" City address of the Arapahoe properties - really good schools beat stupid city labels for resale with buyers.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,869 times
If you're worried about the Aurora address, you should know that the cities around Centennial airport are also Englewood, Centennial, Parker and its hard to differentiate what city you're in. They could be right across the street from Aurora. I live 5 minutes east of the airport. 5 more minutes east is Foxfield, upper end homes on 2 acres that you should check out. Go to [URL="http://www.recolorado.com"]www.recolorado.com[/URL] and check it out.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:33 PM

7 posts, read 21,603 times
Have you looked at all on the North side of Denver? I guess I am a neighborhood snob but I would not really want to live in Aurora (I could have bought a house in Aurora, I chose a townhome in Westminster because I would choose neighborhood over size anyday), though I do hear Southlands are nice. Highlands Ranch is a nice area but if you are looking for space Broomfield (North of Denver) has a lot of houses with land for horses. The only issue you may find is the houses with land tend to be older houses, newer houses pretty much are always built right on top of each other. You are going to have to look alot harder if you want a new house with land. (Brighton which is east of broomfield has some nice newer houses or nice older houses with land also) They are also building or have built several new schools in the area and most of the shopping centers up around the 136th and 144th area are new within the last 3-5 years. Hopefully that helps out a little bit. It would be where I would be living if I could afford half of your housing budget.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:40 PM

7 posts, read 21,603 times
Ok just noticed that you said you need to be near the Airport so everything I just said may not be helpful at all. Though Jefferson County airport is right by Broomfield so if it does not have to be specifically Centenial Airport you may still be able to consider it.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:41 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
In particular the developments to the south east of Denver along E-470 are in a bad way.
Not true, but as I have discovered from trying to answer every one of your "the suburbs suck" posts, I will get carpal tunnel syndrome. My neighborhood is doing just fine. I just received my appraisal last month and our home prices have stayed nearly the same...not going up, not going down. Every single home that has been for sale in my immediate area has sold and our school district isn't suffering due to foreclosures. Don't generalize and try to turn people off from living in the suburbs just because you don't like them. The rest of us are quite happy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver