Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:10 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times

Advertisements

G,

There are reservoirs for boating. Cherry Creek & Chatfield allow power boats and Aurora does not.

There is brand new housing on the south side of the Aurora Res. I believe Colorado Rox moved in two weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,975,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagg View Post
Mile High Denver member- I have heard that Denver was good for singles in some magazine. I really like the condos that I saw in Downtown, does it get that crazy there in terms of drunkeness or crime issues. I have family there but down in Castle Rock, very nice place, but more for families. The only thing that plagues me now is sacrificing the water- beach, lakes.
It can get crazy in spots -- especially after 2am when the bars let everyone out at the same time by law (not such a good idea of a law, if you ask me). That's why I'd recommend looking into a neighborhood where you could walk to nightlife and then walk back when you're done. Denver's downtown is great, but I think it's the city-center neighborhoods we have that I really appreciate just as much. Some places to look that would be close to the downtown action but not right in the thick of it would be Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, Governor's Park and East Highland.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:32 PM

217 posts, read 961,509 times
I really appreciate your help, I am going to look into those areas

Old 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
It can get crazy in spots -- especially after 2am when the bars let everyone out at the same time by law (not such a good idea of a law, if you ask me). That's why I'd recommend looking into a neighborhood where you could walk to nightlife and then walk back when you're done. Denver's downtown is great, but I think it's the city-center neighborhoods we have that I really appreciate just as much. Some places to look that would be close to the downtown action but not right in the thick of it would be Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, Governor's Park and East Highland.
I second Tfox's excellent suggestions. LoDo is a happenin' place but it's less than wonderful when you slip in a puddle of somebody's barf.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,289,004 times
it's ok for finance types, maybe; real estate might be a little tricky lately, at least something like residential sales. LOTS of realtors here, but also plenty of suburban development, and maybe some interesting commercial. i'm not in real estate, just know some realtors and interested in it a little. singles, especially male singles, can have a tougher time than you might think. the denver neighborhoods can be interesting, depending on what you like. they're not brooklyn, and they're not cambridge, by any means, but interesting in a denver way (sort of western/midwestern, with a little old western flair and some latino influence in pockets). denver is very not any of the cities you'd mentioned you're looking into, and very very not a northeastern or DC kind of place. far less diversity in the people, nightlife, types of neighborhoods, etc.. if you're into western americana and/or the mountain sports and/or spectator sports, there's a lot of those here, and if you're outgoing and smiley on top of those kinds of interests, the singles situation might work better for you. it can be pretty suburbia-ish throughout. the nightlife in "LoDo", as you're gathering, can lean toward the cheezy. but again, there are some interesting neighborhoods like the ones already mentioned. personally, i honestly don't know a lot of easterners that stay for more than a few years. "lakes" here are pretty much big ponds or treeless reservoirs. not at all like the ocean, great lakes, or lakes in the northeast or wisconsin or something. high desert plains-ish.

Last edited by hello-world; 05-15-2007 at 09:51 PM..

Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagg View Post
Mile High Denver member- I have heard that Denver was good for singles in some magazine. I really like the condos that I saw in Downtown, does it get that crazy there in terms of drunkeness or crime issues. I have family there but down in Castle Rock, very nice place, but more for families. The only thing that plagues me now is sacrificing the water- beach, lakes.
If your criteria ranks beaches and lakes high on your list, then you will not be happy in Denver. I moved from the DC area and used to sail on the Chesapeake Bay. There's nothing here to match that! People do enjoy boating on the various reservoirs around the state, and some are in extremely beautiful locales. But if you believe that you would be sacrificing if you don't have beaches or lakes, then you should rethink why you would want to live in an area that is semi-arid high plains.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 4,307 times
i tend to agree - not a lot of water going on out here (remember the water rations a few years ago?)...coming from the midwest, I miss going out on the boat on the Ohio myself. That said--and don't forget Sloan's Lake, where people do take boats out--you get access to some of the best biking, hiking, camping, skiing and just plain sitting anywhere in the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver